Balls Of Steel - trading volatile pairs

Long. I’m looking for further drop in oil prices to take the CAD down.

I just took a short on GBP/NZD at 2.1850 and regretted it almost immediately. I think I got in too soon.

Usd Cad hit SL for tiny profit.
EurUsd testing 1.1100, will lock in some profit if we get a solid break below this number

It’s a good technical level - former support that should be resistance, lower trendline on the daily that contained price since the start of the year & 20EMA on the 4h. But yeah… those two hourly candles look fairly strong. I was tempted at that level myself but been a good week and getting close to the weekend so I stayed out.

Following the 3 Ducks, ive gone short UsdCad @ 1.3800

I closed USD/CAD long position #2 at break even.

Now only holding 1 long position 1.3732, currently +120 pips. I set SL at +100 pips.

Are you using 60 SMA on the 3 charts, H4, H1 and M5? I do not see the 3 Ducks lined up for a short near the time you posted.

Closed USD/CAD position #3 for +140 pips. I’m all out now. Total from all 3 positions was -10 pips.

It feels like a big win for me. At one point I was down almost 600 pips from all 3 positions.

Hi,
Ive badly phrased that. What ive done is followed Andys advanced video last month were he set up a sell limit to trigger if/when the ducks line up, if that makes sense. Price has gone up but the limit sell is still there should it drop. Ill leave this in over the weekend and see how it plays

I see now. You put a pending order. I do that sometimes. I’ve also taken the 3 Ducks advanced course.

I am looking at opening a short on GBP/AUD. It has been establishing Lower Highs and Lower Lows since September and it looks close to setting the next Lower High.

It is also at the 50% Fib retracement of the previous high to low leg.

Unless it gaps lower at the open, I will open half a position. I will hold the other half position to short again if it goes up to the 61.8% Fib near 2.0600.

SL would have to be above the upper channel, beyond 2.0700. The target is 2.000, but I would be looking to exit around 2.0100.

Placing a sell limit at 2.06 is tempting

Have to agree with you guys on that one :35:

Don’t attempt shorting this pair because AUD is among the weakest currency right now in the market. I don’t see you making much profits if you short this pair. You might end up losing what you risk for this trade

There’s been good money shorting this pair for the last 4 months, would you like to expand on your reasoning as I feel the pound is a pretty poor bet itself currently

I’m in. Short at 2.0496.

You surprise me, I thought you’d wait to see if it rose.
I’m just short EurUsd for now, don’t have a lot of faith in the pound

[QUOTE=“eddieb;747423”] You surprise me, I thought you’d wait to see if it rose. I’m just short EurUsd for now, don’t have a lot of faith in the pound[/QUOTE]

I may have jumped the gun. I went in with half my normal position size. I’ll go in the other half if it gets to 2.060.

If true, this piece if scaremongering may just be the start of Camerons battle to avoid a Brexit

EU referendum: PM warns Brexit could bring the ‘Jungle’ to the UK - BBC News

Closed half of position at +150 pips.

Set SL at +100 pips for the other half.