Balls Of Steel - trading volatile pairs

Ive closed my USD related trades (UsdCad and AudUsd) ahead of NFP, both in profit.
Have enough faith in GbpNzd and GbpAud to let these pairs ride

Thru 2.1900 and rising. My 500 pip target is now in sight

My steel balls had me holding my positions as usual. EUR/AUD and USD/CAD have had some good moves since late June/early July. I am still long GBP/AUD since Aug 24 on the 10 day system and since the end of April on the 4 and 10 week systems. And in those longer systems it is still going well.

Cheers

-Adrian

350 pips up on one trade, 325 on the other

[QUOTE=ā€œeddieb;720937ā€] 350 pips up on one trade, 325 on the other[/QUOTE]

Great trades! Are you going to take some profits before the weekend or are you going to let it ride?

Ive locked in half of each trade with a stop.
Couldnā€™t be happier how all these trades so far have worked out. Really grateful to PipMeHappy for the original idea and yourself for the Volatility Indicator

Hi Eddie!

Well done!!

I am not sure I remember my ā€˜original.ideaā€™ but I am just glad that it is not costing you money :))

[QUOTE=ā€œeddieb;720952ā€] Ive locked in half of each trade with a stop. Couldnā€™t be happier how all these trades so far have worked out. Really grateful to PipMeHappy for the original idea and yourself for the Volatility Indicator[/QUOTE]

I am very grateful to PipMeHappy. If not for the other thread and his posts, I would have not paid close attention to GBP/NZD.

In the past 3 weeks Iā€™ve made 1300 pips profit on this pair alone. And I missed the big spike on Black Monday, LOL.

Pip, thank you.

Well, you are welcome!!

Would you consider taking a break until the end of the year to protect your hard-earned profits?

No, I wonā€™t be taking a break. But I will definitely try to stay focused and not get overconfident because of the recent success. I think the GBP/NZD pair can still give up a lot of pips.

I am going to spend some time trying out the Donchian Channel system that is discussed on another thread by Arbitrager on Acid. Iā€™m going to try it on the weekly charts. Iā€™ve opened an account with a different broker so I can practice with small position sizes and be able to hold positions for weeks, if necessary.

GbpNzd dropped and hit my stop. My 1st and only loss this week. Canā€™t really complain

Nice one, Eddie (I mean your attitude to taking a loss)!!

Well, you will agree with me that now the trading week is well and truly over, and the weekend begins!

It is time to recharge before Tuesday (as Monday will be a quiet day due to the USAā€™s ā€˜ā€˜Labor Dayā€™ā€™),

because that would be the day before the RBNZ rate decision, and two days before the BoE rate decision

• as well as seven trading days away from the Federal Reserve Bank of America rate decision!

a lot of volatility coming up :slight_smile:

Good posts, keep the thread active, very helpful for all types of traders.

Agreed, next week should be interesting

For anyone not aware of the upcoming weeks events, follow this link here
Click on any event that may interest you for a more detailed explanation of it

[B]GbpAud - The Week Ahead[/B]
Aussie dependence on China is hurting the Aud currently and if Chinese manufacturing data on Tuesday is disappointing we can expect further volatility in Aud and Nzd pairs. Positive sentiment towards the pound and the perceived belief that a US rate hike opens the door for a UK hike in the coming months could push both GbpAud and GbpNzd higher.
I expect GbpAud to open higher than Fridays close of 2.1930, possibly around the 2.1970 area, and to push thru 2.2000 fairly quickly.
I have 2 long trades here, 1 with a TP at 2.2155 (+500 pips) and the other at 2.2630 (+1000 pips)

Surprise there, GbpAud actually dropped momentarily below 2.19 before quickly bouncing back up again.
Proof again that sometimes you really need wide stops, especially when you add in the widening spreads.

Every noobie should watch this

GbpAud came back while I slept and hit my stops. Combined profit +450 pips.

Back in after retrace at 2.19101