Balls Of Steel - trading volatile pairs

My brokers upcoming events calendar isn’t showing anything due on Nzd today

Better to miss the train than to be under it

Coming up in 30 minutes

I like that quote. There’s also one that goes something like this: “Better to regret missing a trade than to regret entering a trade”.

So here is how we can all win on GBP/NZD. First it takes a very big spike down so that UKkev and I can hop aboard. Then it takes a very very big spike up so that you and Pip make a big profit. The we can all celebrate.

Win-win, I like that!

Excellent!
200 pips in a minute, 1 trade closed manually at 2.4250, 1 trade left open

I feel the opposite. If I take all my losers but fail to take a trade that would have been a big winner my system can become a loser.

-Adrian

Nice one…

GbpAud up 100 pips, following GbpNzd

Congratulations fellas, thats some nice pip harvesting going on :23:

Now, will the UK news tomorrow bring her back down ?

Its all relative. Chinas Black Monday (24.08.15) wiped out almost all my account, it was only Gbp Nzd that kept me afloat.
In the 21/2 weeks since, ive started this thread and gradually recovered 70% of my losses.

I had a dabble with gold late last year that caused me to hit 80% drawdown. Painful but a great lesson. I learned how to hedge and use leverage through that experience and have had consistent positive months since. Some are lucky and don’t have to go through that experience but if anyone asks me how to trade, the second thing I tell them to do is to learn how to get out of bad trades. The first is ,do the BP School first of course

Not expecting a uk rate rise but a vote of 7-2 would lift gbp

Well, no change and vote remains 8-1

GbpAud Long 2.1805

50 pips up already. May be a relief rally seeing that BoE are still holding last months position and keeping the door open for a rate hike early 2016

Stuck around 2.2860- 2.1870, needs a boot up the backside to get it going again

Pushed thru 2.19. Taken longer than expected, let’s see where it goes now. Profit locked in

GBP-NZD Close to Five-Year Best Conversion Rate on Dovish RBNZ

Things appear grim for the down-at-heel NEW ZEALAND DOLLAR (currency : NZD) following the midweek interest rate cut from the Reserve Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ). The Kiwi central bank’s suggestion that further rate cuts may follow will hurt the NZ unit moving forward, especially if the economic newsflow from China continues to disappoint. The outlook for the Kiwi is NEGATIVE and the GBP NZD exchange rate stands at 2.4440.*

Article from Currency News…see the full article here

How many percent do you usually risk per trade?