BEFORE you start forex trading read this

@mtb_rex be mindful of the economic events that are due for the week. If the uncertainty is high and you do not have a strong conviction for the intended trade, you should consider thoroughly.

1 Like

Definitely points 1, 2 and 3 are crucial. I’ve heard so many stories how people invested all their life savings with hope to ensure the future and lost everything which is devastating indeed. We should start small and then grow bigger. Most newbie traders expect to receive positive results and make huge profits on the first month which is impossible. Like you said, there is no magic bullet. There is no universal plan and strategy which works for everyone. We need to learn to trust ourselves mostly.

1 Like

Looks at myself … "Yap. That’s me. 3 margin calls "

Lol

anyone picks tops and bottoms here? Am just saying, its quite risky to do so. Knew of a few readers of mine who had their accounts wiped out doing that . .

1 Like

Not me I’m afraid, its so hard to pull off successfully.

I believe reversal trading is one of the key contributors to the high failure rate of new traders, it being their belief that trading involves “beating” the market, and that in order to do this, they have to be ahead of it. The other main contributor is the belief that day-trading is low risk.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s useful & number 7 point is: make at least 500 trades in demo to judge your trading skill.

2 Likes

nice . i wanted to edit the first post to add your point but it seems impossible… any idea?

lots of confusion among koalas on the EUR/USD whip saws… its ok ! just have a proper trading plan with proper money management … in the short term time frame, whip saws or noise is common and often sentiments driven.

2 Likes

Why it’s impossible? It’s very possible, just need to invest more times in demo (with enough dedications & determinations).

1 Like

eh? i meant it seems impossible to edit the first post :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello all!

In view of the uncertainty and low volume in the market, staying out of the market may be a prudent choice at times.

Even, you can’t join right now, Sunday fact!! Just kidding. By the way, good decision; keep upgrading your trading skill.

making 500 trades in demo successfully is a big deal even when demo, if anyone can do this consistency , there is a chance to bring good result in live account .

2 Likes

Yes it is! Of course, it takes such a long time to complete! But the result is always meaningful as your mentioned.

i think in this new year, it is important to start things correct. One of which is to know your personal trading style. For example, i am never a scalper. Tried before and always chickened out with a few pips of profit OR tens of losses. I previously wrote about it Knowing your forex trading style . I urge everyone especially the new koalas to consider seriously your optimal style . .

1 Like

hows the new year for everyone? harvesting pips?

What is going on in the markets now is likely a reaction to the Feds dovish comments on pausing the hikes. A good reminder that in the shorter time frames, price action is normally sentimental in nature …

Hey T, whats up. Well lets see, yes I do trade tops and bottoms, and only when they are emotionally driven. I have a couple of examples floating around here. But I will say that the current Presidents tweets can leave one in the “deep green”, 15 min fractal, then when weakness shows up on the three min, hammer that puppy with all your might. :grin:

The Ever Hammered VIPER

p.s Wait that didn’t come out right, well whatever.

Thanks for sharing this. I am new, and I am trying to learn about it. I have a question: What is the meaning of “Shares per lot”? 100 Shares per 1 Lot or 1000 shares per 1 Lot. ? In terms of money what does it means?

generally, it just states the number of shares per lot. for example if a market states that this investment is at 1000 / lot and you cannot buy decimal lots, then you need to buy minmally 1000 ( which is 1 lot ) and the next increment is 2000 ( which is 2 lots ) .

hope this clarifies!

1 Like