Begin with the right knowledge.Hi its Alex

Hi people.
First let me tell you something about myself.40 years old,working but not happy with my work.Forex had always been around me,gave other people money to do it for me,but as you guess no success.
I decided to start by myself,but this time i really want to do it right.I need your advice and help,i need mentoring to learn it,checked FPA,found few courses online,

I saw Vladimir Ribakov Academy,dont know if he is legit.please let me know

Ask yourself this, if someone is successful at trading, why would they transfer to education.

Fact is is much much easier to sell education and profit than trade and profit.

3 Likes

Hi @AleksandarFX why don’t you open a demo account and practice there first? You can just go through the lessons of babypips school.And it’s all free :+1:

I also agree that "those who can’t do teach"
Best of luck!

Training has its place but what is it meant to achieve? -

a) identify a successful trading strategy? - No. These are available for free via the internet or direct from some helpful traders or economically in excellent text books.

b) obtaining a qualification? Absolutely not required.

c) knowledge and understanding of technical analysis and its use? Maybe, though training courses are an expensive way of doing this.

d) more rapid and more directed progression through the experiential learning process of training? Maybe. It could be that a condensed formal course of learning could compress the time required to reach competence. It could also help direct the new trader towards areas of learning more likely to re-pay their time and effort.

e) personal mentoring during and after the formal training? Maybe.

f) a greater level of confidence for the new trader? Maybe, but trading very quickly becomes a solitary activity, so this is likely to be weak and very short-term only.

g) more effective learning through a traditional desk-based environment? Maybe. It depends on your personality type and life experience. e.g. TA might be readily assimilated through the class-room: however, effective trading only comes through trading.

h) an understanding of money and risk management? Maybe, but there are more economical ways of doing this, see above.

I wouldn’t rule out training but I don’t see it as necessary or helpful. I would definitely rule out any trainer I can’t get personal testimonials for from trustworthy sources.

I used to wonder the same thing i.e. why would someone spend time teaching if they are good at trading - why not just spend time trading? I think one of the reasons is, if they are a swing trader or trade the higher time frames, they will not neccessarily make more money by having more screen time.

There are only so many set ups available in a day/week that meet their trade criteria. Therefore they may indeed have time on their hands.

One thing we can learn is to try to diversify our portfolio…so teaching may provide another source of income. Also teaching helps them remain discipline as they’ll need practice what you preach.

I think if you can find a good mentor, that will be good. But get one that can demonstrate via their trade history that they are profitable at trading.

One of the issues I found with doing it on my own, is being overwhelmed with information. There’s so much information out there - google // youtube and everyone may have a different strategy. Where do you start?
So what happens is that you do one strategy for a while, get poor/ mediocre results, blame the strategy and move onto another strategy, and do the same thing again…its a vicious circle and a costly one too !!.. So I think structured training / backtesting a strategy / developing a plan based on you back testing and having a mentor OR someone to hold you accountable for being disciplined are some key things to consider.

Yes, I agree with the fact that you need to learn adequate knowledge in order to counter the upcoming challenges easily. The market is highly varying and risky but it can be tackled with the practice and hard work. These forums are very helpful for gaining adequate knowledge about this market.

Yes you need to learn the right knowledge from trusted sources in order to get success. You need to save your money along with profits by yourself as nobody other cares about it. Build your own strategy and path for the upcoming challenge which is quite tricky to handle.

I also try to ask myself that too, his FB pages don’t have much likes they are some doubts ND some other countering g part been searching the Google for over an hour on his record and scam history or involvement… he was not included in any of such… I’m just full of doubts