Beginner Questions - Coaching advice

Hi, I have been trading for a few months now. I started with a company called LTT that have not helped me too much moving on they kinda leave you to it. Could someone help me recommend what direction I should take to help me get some coaching?
Theres companies out there that would like you to pay a fee then they give you a larger trading account and with this you get 1-2-1 coaching sessions weekly webinars your mentors number to contact if any problems or you need some help.
Im just not sure what direction to take i would really appreciate some help or guidance.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi, did you try education section here? regards Greg

1 Like

Hi Greg, yes I’ve been using the education on this site. I feel like I need some 1-2-1 mentoring just to go through what I’m doing wrong right etc. I learn better face to face rather then reading information I find it difficult to soak it in.

Darren

Hmmm, what were the things you liked from LTT and what didn’t you like? What concepts did you understand and did not understand?

More detail please.

One of the things I did like with LTT is the smart charts they offered was very easy to use and the training videos were brilliant. But it’s nothing you can’t get on YouTube. I didn’t like that any communication stopped after you paid for the Smartcharts. It’s as if they go right there’s the content get on with it and come back to us when you have £20k for a trading account then we’ll help you more.
With any subject you learn you have a coach or instructor.
For instance when I learned to drive I wasnt given tutorial videos then went and borrowed mum n dads car and went on the motorway. Yeah I understood what the brakes, clutch and accelerator pedals done but to put them all together and use them to drive smoothly I need a instructor to fine tune that.
What’s your thoughts Longshottrader?

1 Like

I asked because I was trying to ascertain what type of trading or concepts you gravitated toward–that will help in determining your next step.

Finding a good mentor/coach is going to be hard. Most are marketers. Even free mentors you find on forums will be challenging because trading personalities and methods are many but only one will suit you.

It’s a viper pit, my friend.

I have learnt support and resistant levels, reversal patterns, up trends and downtrends (HH+HL &LL&LH) bullish and bearish candle sticks, time frame agreement, what moving averages to use and stochastics when buying or selling has reached its peak.

Hope this helps with your question?

1 Like

Oh wow. Forget the car analogy, it’s more like they showed you what a gun is, what a crossbow is…a knife, a spear, traps, etc. and just left you to hunt–and you think you’re going to need all of it. You’re not going to use all of it simultaneously as you alluded to with the car analogy, believe me.

I have not checked Babypips education but I’m pretty sure you would have learned all that for free.

Okay, I guess what you need to determine is, what are you more comfortable with and that’s not something you’ll know until you try different things for a lengthy period of time. You need to get that out of the way first before you pay for another course; otherwise, could be a big waste of time.

Chat more later, it’s late for me–I just couldn’t wait to write this. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Man I should start a trading course like that, easy money!

Thank you so much for your comments i appreciate you taking the time to reply. Im just a little lost i guess what direction i should take or what should i be looking for to help me improve.

Hey I’m taking the day off today, shoot me an email, I don’t mind mentoring you (for free) in terms of helping you find your path and your next mentor.

No promises though! Mentoring takes a lot of effort and time.

Anyway if you are keen, drop me an email.

“You can coach someone to trade but you can’t coach someone to be a successful trader.”