Best Country to Trade From?

Thanks, buckscoder. Obviously I can’t reveal much, except that I have a non currency trading business and enough equity to be considering moving to another country, and for lower taxes to make a significant difference. Hence why I asked the question, and hence why I am still interested in any further insight people may have.

However, not from bbytrader, or his alter ego “zero”. he has stated clearly in other posts, where he rambles about achieving immortality, that he has no money but a trading strategy that will make him billions and yet somehow he’s still here trolling newbies.

Hi there I am new here but I do live in Andorra.
Fantastic place, everybody knows everyone else,might not suit everyone though.
Internet well over 100mbs
Look up livinginandorra with google
I know Jane well and can recommend her if you need help in Andorra.
Do say that Nik sent you!
If I am home and you visit we could hook up for a beer and you can tell me your strategy

Nik

Hello,

Have you consider Mexico? I live in beautiful Puerto Vallarta. We are only four hours south of US. We have great internet conections, Banks do not ask where the money is caming from as long is wiretranfer.

Rentals are in average 300 usd to 1500 usd. Depending where you want to live. You can easily live with around 1000 usd per month.

I have a friend from holand that lives here and trades for a living.

If you have any questios do not hesitate to ask.

JC

Hello Andorranik, nice to meet someone from Andorra! I am curious about what activities there are in Andorra. I know the ski season is big there, is that right? And the hiking is apparently amazing? What about cafes, night clubs and anything else? And how cold does it get there? Also, does not having an airport create any unexpected problems, or does it simply add a bus ride to traveling somewhere?

Thanks for the link to the website! Will check it out shortly. Would be great to meet up for a beer! Will let you know if I head out that way :slight_smile:

Thanks jcbabypips, I hadn’t considered Mexico yet, I will have to read up more on Puerto Vallarta and get back to you!

Hm, I didn’t want to get in between of you both, lol. Just what I think what I would need before moving to a tax haven. :wink:

no worries buckscoder! :slight_smile: it was helpful information

Jack,

Not a problem… You can ask or google Puerto Vallarta. You would not regret

the issue of which country to trade from is a common topic that newbies like to bring up, fyi, and they like to beat this one into the ground long before they even have a clue about how to actually turn a profit.

fyi, i am a veteran at this business of software engineering, i have been writing software slightly longer than mr jake has been on this planet, omg.

also fyi, i have been working on this number crunching project for approx 7.5 years now, exclusively, full time.

and now mr i am in it for the long haul jake tells me that i have no cart.

maybe i should probably just pack it all in and go home…

yeah, definitely.

me/.

Hello, Jake

I was skimming through my local Sunday newspaper last Sunday, and I came across an article in the Travel section that reminded me of your thread.

I wanted to wait until the Babypips Moderator had removed that [I]bbytrader[/I] idiot from the Forum, before posting to your thread again. Now that he’s gone…

The article was basically a recap of a report in [I][B]International Living [/B][/I]magazine, on top-rated retirement locations.

What caught my attention was the #1 country, as rated by [I]International Living — [/I] [B]Ecuador.[/B]

Although I don’t spend a lot of time thinking about retirement locations, nevertheless, I don’t recall previously seeing Ecuador so highly recommended as a retirement destination.

I know you’re not looking for a place to “retire”, per se, — but, still, the destinations listed in that article might be worth checking into.

The top five countries (according to the magazine) are: Ecuador, Mexico, Panama, Spain and New Zealand. Altogether, they rate 23 locations.

Here are two links to the [I]International Living[/I] report:

The World’s Best Retirement Haven in 2011 – International Living - Since 1979

Our Annual Retirement Index: All the Scores and How It’s Scored – International Living - Since 1979

Much appreciated Clint! hadn’t considered Ecuador at all.

Looks like it ticks a lot of boxes plus I’ve always wanted to live in South America :smiley:

how do one convert the time zones markets opens in the rest of the continent so one does not miss out in opportunities?

And how really great is the internet, safety, and banking, because I really wanna move from west Africa and my broker is in Ireland?

Does Mexico have good brokers that can be trusted?
Thank you.

If I understand your question, you are asking about the time zone in Puerto Vallarta, and what time the major trading sessions open and close in Puerto Vallarta time.

If I have that right, then here are your answers.

Puerto Vallarta is on the Pacific coast of Mexico, in the North American Central Time Zone. Currently, Puerto Vallarta is on daylight saving time, so their time zone is referred to as
Central Daylight Time (CDT), which is GMT-5 hours.

There are many different ways to define the trading sessions in Tokyo, London, and New York. Here is how I prefer to define them (click the image to enlarge it) –

If you back up one hour from the New York times shown in this image, you will get the corresponding times for the CDT time zone, which includes Puerto Vallarta. That is,

• The Tokyo Session begins at 1600 (4 pm) Puerto Vallarta time, and ends at 0100 (1 am).
  • The London Morning Session begins at 0100, and ends at 0600 (6 am).
  • The London / New York Overlap Session begins at 0600, and ends at 1100 (11 am).
  • The New York Afternoon Session begins at 1100, and ends at 1600 (4 pm).

(times shown are CDT = GMT-5)

Internet and banking are modern, and basically reliable.

Safety is an issue. Drug cartels run much of Mexico. Previously, they have had very little impact on the Puerto Vallarta area, but I think this may be changing. My daughter recently sold a villa she had owned for several years in Sayulita, which is just a few miles down the coast from Puerto Vallarta, and I believe the deteriorating safety situation in the Mexican state of Nayarit (where both Puerto Vallarta and Sayulita are located) was one of her major concerns.

I’m not aware of any brokers domiciled in Mexico. But, several well-established brokers domiciled in other countries accept clients from Mexico. Here’s a partial list –

https://www.fxempire.com/best-brokers/mexico

Of the brokers listed there, I would choose FXCM (regulated by FCA and BaFin).

Yo dude come to Singapore!

One thing i can say is "Dont come to INDIA " I am trying to get out of here myself.