Best start amount & leverage combo?

The problem with only $300 account is money management. The general rule of thumb is to only risk 1% of your account on any one trade. At most 5%. So 5% of $300 would be $15. If your scalping that is a good amount of risk but not everyone can be up during the hours that the market moves fast enough to make some pips. However if you go long term trading then you need a bigger s/l then 15pips so you should open up a micro account and trade $0.10 a pip.

One word of caution, I have noticed that when ever you start a new system or learn something new you always seem to go on a winning streak for a month or two. Which is what you seem to be doing. That is why demo trading until you know what you are doing is so important. So while you are doing so fine on your real account don’t forget money management and most important keep your profits.

Hey Bazooko,

In a way i got what you are trying to say…these past few day i lost more thank $250 because of margin problems. The market fell down by soo much (eg NZD/USD fell by more than 300 pips!!) i literally saw my account blow up in peices…and now i am having second thoughts as to should i try again?!:frowning: Just wanted to know how you guys did in the last 3 days?

#13 (permalink) 05-10-2007, 01:27 PM
constantijn
Newbie Join Date: Mar 2007

Ok so I’m now testing with $5000 start input and 1:30 leverage.
Thats $10 a pip.

How are you doing with your trading? Thank you Anne