Best trade you ever did?

WHat is the best trade you ever placed, most memorable, most profitable etc?

4 Likes

Buying Eurusd sept 2016 and exiting January 2018 :ok_hand:

that was a superrrrr swing trade right there LOL wow

Wow thaaat`s a Long position. :blush:

I guess memorable in a GOOD way? Ha ha ha.

Yes, had some nice memories, especially early on, when it was all fresh and everything, made such an impression.

Twice I bought shares a quarter of an hour after the market open after good results had come out - which was just as expected (courtesy of Investors Chronicle!). Closed both positions by midday for a nice 20% gain both times. Both times I had the day off - on one occasion I was painting the living room of our new home: the other time driving north to see my parents. Better than working for a living!

I remember going to a friend’s house to look over her charting set-up and logging into my account from her PC, only to find I had made several hundred pounds profit on a small FTSE100 long I had forgotten and left open about 3 weeks. Not recommended though. Oops.

I have a habit of placing my stop before I place my entry order in. I was very new to trading and I don’t remember any of the details of the event. I think it was a Friday; one of those big news event days. I did not know that I needed to check the calendar. I wanted to enter an order in the USD/JPY pair. Can’t remember whether I wanted to enter long or short. I placed my stop and before I could place my entry order, the market shot past my stop and took me along for a wonderful ride. I froze as price whizzed past my stop. My workstation was going crazy displaying alerts as most of the pairs I was watching were similarly affected. Several seconds passed before it occurred to me that I should close the trade while I was up. I was lucky that price moved in my favor. I still remember the emotions I experienced, quite vividly. What a ride that was.

1 Like

WOW. Great swing trade that!

1 Like

Thanks for all the replies so far.

1 Like

Deciding to get out of BTC in early December 2017 :stuck_out_tongue: Was buying in around $700 per BTC. Was a good Christmas :slight_smile:

1 Like

Going short on sterling before the whole BoJo act.

1 Like

A good rest of your life if you bought enough!!

1 Like

Nice trade!

2 Likes

Shortening BTC before the latest drop

How the hell did you hold such position for so long. Are you for real? or just want to be funny.

if you look at the monthly chart for EURUSD, it was at a majorrrr support level towards the end of 2016, and as you can see it rose over 1,800 pips, so that was actually a smart buy lol

Swaps must have been huge

“I remember going to a friend’s house to look over her charting set-up and logging into my account from her PC, only to find I had made several hundred pounds profit on a small FTSE100 long I had forgotten and left open about 3 weeks. Not recommended though. Oops.”

Classic tommor

1 Like

haha nice though

Enough to start investing seriously :stuck_out_tongue:

Shorted the Eurostoxx, Dow and FTSE an hour so before one of those flash crashes, made 60% on total equity in three days.