Big day for the Philippines!

Today’s a big day for my motherland! :philippines: It’s election day and there’s so much at stake right now. I’ve been talking to fellow Filipino people here on the forums, and I hope we all exercise our right to vote! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I know it’s still pretty hot out there. There are long lines, and malfunctioning machines. But I hope we put up with these minor discomforts for the future of the nation. :blush: :blush:

I hope we’ve learned our lesson and stop electing thieves, plunderers, and enablers! :philippines:

2 Likes

What were the results?

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t know much about the system of elections in Philippines.
What type of elections was it, and for what term?

1 Like

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: Here are the results of the senatorial race last midterms elections. :confused:

Of course, this is proof that the current administration still has a super strong hold on the people since the administration bets took over the list of winners. :open_mouth: And tbh, it still baffles me. It seems like people are quick to disregard extrajudicial killings, corruption issues, drugs, and threats to our sovereignty. :frowning: :frowning:

Looks like we still haven’t learned. :confused: And it’s something we’re gonna have to live with for at least the next 3 years of our lives. :frowning:

Just to give you guys a bit of a background as to why I was super upset with the results of the elections. :frowning:

Actually, because of the results of the recent elections, there was supposedly an increase in FIlipinos searching for ways to migrate to another country. :frowning: And if being very honest, I’ve thought about it too. :frowning: Countless of times. :frowning: BUT the thought of abandoning my country when it needs its people the most also makes my heart ache. :cry:

Anyway, thank you guys for checking up on the results! :slight_smile: Knowing you care and you can give time to listen already means so much! :blush: :blush:

2 Likes

This is really very disheartening. I am so sorry, ria_rose, that you and your country are going through this.

Thank you for your concern @mlawson71! :frowning: I really reaaaally appreciate it. :blush: These may be very problematic times, but as usual, I['m sure we could power through it! :slight_smile: Thank youuu. :smiley:

1 Like

Ria_rose, I can’t tell you enough how your sunny disposition and infallible optimism are a breath of fresh air. I hope you never change.

Thank you so much for the really kind words @mlawson71! :blush: I’m so so flattered. :blush: I guess it’s just how I’ve been raised. :open_mouth: And as a Filipino, we really need to see the brighter side of things if we’d want to even get the motivation to get out of bed in the morning. :frowning: Thank you so much again. :blush:

1 Like

You’re welcome ria_rose. I just called it like I saw it. :sunflower:

Hello kabayan! :smiley:

1 Like

OMG! :blush: Hahaha. :smiley: :smiley: Hello hellooooo! :slight_smile: It’s so nice to have another Filipino around! I guess now, you, me and @GilasTrading could form a small group. Haha. :stuck_out_tongue: How long have you been trading? :smiley:

1 Like

Stocks for 6 years now. Shifted from investing to trading and back to investing again. haha… 3 years ago i started trading forex and after a year, i got burned. took a year break and focused on PSE. Then returned later semi-inactive still learning and working on it. How bout you? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whooooa. :open_mouth: That’s a long time already. Haha. :smiley: I was introduced to forex trading last 2017. :slight_smile: I initially wanted to learn about stocks too. It’s just that my tito said that maybe I should check out babypips cause some of the basics of stocks (like patterns, charts, etc) are similar to that of forex. :smiley: Haha. I ended up liking forex better :sweat_smile: So I’ve been demo trading for more than a year now. :slight_smile: I failed at my first strategy so I’m trying out a new one. :smiley: I hope this one works better so I can finally go live! Huhu.

1 Like

Hahaha… I always keep my PSE account active coz I’m still not consistent at FX. Besides, I already burned one account. I urge you to continue to learn thru demo. Don’t be like me. I’ve paid P400k in “tuition fees” to the markets (both PSE and FX) coz I rush into the real account with barely a few months of prep for each. My learning curve is steep and expensive. You can do it cheaper and a more relaxed pace so keep up the good work on the demo. Go real when you are really ready… but if you’re feeling adventurous, you are not alone. You got me. Hahahaha… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hahahaha! :smiley: Yaaay! Haha. :blush: Are you trading full-time? Or do you have a day job? :slight_smile:

1 Like