Big E Trading

This is an amazingly simple and effective system.

So far I have had 9 trades in a row that were winners.

Now I just have to try and keep my mind clear and keep things simple. If I start thinking too much I bet I can mess up a good thing.

Iā€™m not doing well with the 4H TF, 3 big losses pip wise but since I used very small lots the dollars and cents wasnā€™t too bad. There is just too much stuff (I can think of another ā€œSā€ word but I donā€™t want to get banned) going on during the NY session so I am sticking to 1H and 15M TFs. My two small wins were with a TP of 20 pips and after an alert went off at +10 pips I moved to BE+1. One trade was +1 because of a retracement but the other was +17. Not nearly enough to offset a SL at a swing H or L on the 4H. The London session traders over on FF seem to do well with the 4H, not me. Hope you all had better trades, d.

ejohnston - what TFs are you trading and what session?

I have been on the H4 time frame as the moves are more solid and predictable. I use very small lot sizes, 0.01 to 0.05 depending how I feel about the trade. I will set wider stops and targets when Iā€™m trading with the trend and also close partial positions along the way. If I am trading against the trend (defined by 5, 50, 100 EMAs) I will set the wave low/high as my stop and then set a profit target at about halfway between current price and the next trend resistance/support level. When going against the trend I just take a smaller fixed profit and call it good. With the trend I will run partial closes at first target and then trail stop loss on the remaining position until out. Have caught some nice extended moves this way.

Iā€™m in Oregon USA and trade PST times 6am to 9pm when I am available on the comp.

Hello, Can someone help me understanding the stochastic ? How do we know there is confirmation of the trade ?

Anybody uses the TDI SSAep, smoothed ? Much better I thinkā€¦

Thanks

Does anyone use the ā€˜TDI Indicator + alertā€™, found at the codebase ? If so has it been reliable?

Thanks

Yes, I use it but with the TDI SSAep, which is more smoothed. The problem is with these alerts, the arrows repaint sometimes even after 2 candles !!! so there is always bad signals. Thatā€™s why a visual confirmation is required.

The good thing is the signal combined the crosses of lines, continuation, momentum, trend on higher TF. So when it rings, you can be sure there is something but from there, you need your eyes and a big zoomā€¦ lol

I donā€™t know why they repaint, I donā€™t know how to program it.

By the way, Iā€™m looking for another indicator in combination with the TDI, can someone help me with a good one ?

Regards,
Quincy

What is the TDI SSAep? I have only seen the standard TDI + alert. I am going to stop using it though, as i think it leads to over-analysis, i tend to see things like weak buy signal corresponding with TDI Strong Down - thats confusing for me.
With the entry setup on a 1HR chart, if the TDI crosses on the same candle that breaks the 5SMA, should you enter at beginning of next candle? or do you have to wait for a second candle to cross?
I also ensure that support and resistance levels are taken into account, and news of course.

In regards to stop loss, i never set a stop loss, as i prefer to set a mental one, but itt requires discipline. I hate the idea of having a broker know the level at which you would accept loss.

Cheers

Real Newbie here. I donā€™t quite understand if I understand the above statement. Are you saying that if you enter on the fourth candle this would be wrong? or are you saying if there are candles in the same direction prior to the cross you should not enter after the cross? Confused Englishman in Michiganā€¦

The rules are pretty simple - enter on the 1st or 2nd candle. A typical 1 hour run is 5 to 8 candles (according BigE) so get in early. One important thing: look for a good TDI cross FIRST and then look at the candles. That is what makes this strategy so simple and easy to use, I can scan 6, 8, 10 prs in seconds by just looking for the cross. If I see a good one then I look at the candles and if there are 3 or more, move on.

Or, you can get into the trade but do not expect a lot of pips, take profit at 20 or 30 pipsā€¦ Stop loss 20 or 30 as wellā€¦ And cut your stake by 2ā€¦

Thanks dobro for clearing that up. Iā€™m seeing a narrow ranging channel forming for AUD/USD for the last 5 hrs or so , keeping an eye out for a cross on TDI this could be a good breakout 1 -3 pm London time.

Cheers

cheers

My 4H TF just started at 07:00 CDT. I sold the $/chf @ .82079, SL @.82775 & TP @ .81005. I donā€™t have the best luck on TFs longer than 1H but this one looks good and Iā€™ll be around to monitor it. Iā€™m watching the E/chf & I will buy the E/$ IF it clears 1.42820. A big if. Good trading all, d.

edit: I entered a buy for the E/$, a bounce trade. This is only the 2d or 3d bounce style trade I have ever taken and right now it has pulled back and Iā€™m in negative territory. But it is on the 4H TF so lots of time left for it to go positive. In @ 1.4222 and down about 20 pips right now.

Iā€™m having some second thoughts about entering early on the 1st candle as sometimes the TDI cross ā€œuncrossesā€ or goes flat and I have to get out, hopefully with just a small loss. But if the 1st candle is big near its end then I have missed +pips. Iā€™m not changing the rules but monitoring this to look for the optimum. Toss in your ideas about this too. d.

dobro, this is something iā€™ve been encountering for my past trades.
When I checked that the TDI crosses and I proceed to enter on the first or second candle, the trade reverses on me,
forcing me to hold on to a negative trade or to cut loss.

Dobro,

I have been tempted by the E$ trade as well but havenā€™t taken it. To me the E$ is in a downtrend on both the D1 and H4 TFs. The price has gone up twice and bounced off overhead resistance on the 100 EMA line. It canā€™t seem to break and hold above that. I am waiting to see if it can push through that line. If a candle can close above that line I will probably jump on board as well. My experience has been that if I am going to trade against the down trend on the Big E trading system to set my TP at the 100 EMA overhead and call it good. Lot of work for the price to push through this level. However, as I said, if it does push through the line then Iā€™m a buyer as well. To me though we have to factor in that stochastics are looking over bought, and TDI is getting up there. Looks to me like it could turn down but only time will tell and if I knew for sure I would be on some island soaking up the sun and not on this forum. :slight_smile: Iā€™m waiting for some confirmation of the direction which puts me in a little later but feeling more confident.

Sorry, I am a newbieā€¦ I am using the FXCM trading platform and I cant find the TDI indicator in it. Is this just something available on MT4 platforms?

As I know yes, itā€™s only for MT4.

E$ on the move. Pushed through the 100 EMA and now seeing if it can push through the previous high. Fingers on the triggerā€¦

Both of my trades, the E/$ & the $/chf, were in negative territory for most of the day but by late afternoon I got +7 for the E/$ and +16 for the E/chf. Nothing spectacular but better than a loss. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little more exciting. d

Newbie trader here :slight_smile:
Been following this system for a while and think thereā€™s a lot of potential. Been following the rules and picking up good trades, although does anyone have a more sustainable exit strategy? I know that a lot of you sell off half the position at a target profit point, or use a R:R of 1:1, but I think there is more potential to let profits ride until the system tells you that its time to get off. Iā€™ve been waiting for a candlestick to close above/below the 5 shift 2 EMA to exit, but find that sometimes that last candlestick eats right into all your profit! Ive also waited for a crossover of the stochastic, but find that its also sometimes premature and that although stochastic is overbought/oversold the trend can still have momentum.
Does anyone have a better exit strategy?