Big E Trading

Hi. I’m mew to this thread, although I have read it from the beginning. Two quick questions if anyone is still out there trading this method (which looks good).

1. What’s happened to Johnny - not seen comments from him for some time
  2. On a practical basis: From the beginning of the thread, I have downloaded the Big E system, unzipped the files, and copied the TDI to the indicators folder of my FXDD broker. But when I run FXDD (having turned it off first) there is no TDI indicator in the list, even though I have checked it is in the folder. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

As a ‘silver surfer’ I don’t always get it right, but this is baffling me!

Hey buddy don’t know about this thread but you can check the system for yourself that if it works for you or not and secondly big e zip isn’t an indicator it’s a template so just open your FXDD folder there will be templates go and paster the files there and then when you open your broker meta4 or any other than in templates there will be big e template that should do it.

Thanks for the reply, but it still doesn’t work! I have checked that the TDI is in the indicators file and the template in the template file. When I go into FXDD, none of them are shown in the available lists.

I have another computer at work, running Windows 7. This works OK, files are there to be used. My home one is a Lenove portable running Windows 8.1. Do you think this might have anything to do with it?

Stickerman

I myself am using windows 8.1 no problem with that and well there are two template folders one is in the main page and the second on is in experts = templates… copy paste the file in the main template folder which you see don’t copy paste in the expers=templates one and if that doesn’t work sorry I can’t help you but you can setup the charts manullay as well

Made 80 pips in USDCHF .(live account). 4 Hr Time frame. SL - 32 pips TP - 80 pips. Risk Reward 1:2.

Hi Chinoc,

I tried Importing the zip file as instructed, but it wasn’t compatible with the 64 bit version of Ninjatrader. Do you have an updated version of the TDI indicator?

Is there updated ninja TDI. This one is causing the current ninja platform to stall if I go to do anything once installed.

Take care.

Rotii

I suspect they may have gone to FF where the author of the strategy posts.

Thanks Johnykanoo, I came across this indicator on the other forum, I applied it and it works like magic on 1hr TF. But I can see that there is a little change as regards to the market price notation at the right hand side of the currency pair. THanks guy.

Looks proimising

Thanks for the advise.

Its been nice been here with someone like you. Thanks for the advise

1 Like

Guys… this system isn’t new…

There is a 2k pages thread on forex factory started by the Big E himself… called: trading made simple

We’ll I guess that’s why he said in the first post that this isn’t his system

Hello , Is Big E, still around ?

he passed away a few years ago

Hey thx for sharing this system johnny but it seems like the rule to BUY when TDI green line crosses above red line below 50 and SELL when TDI green line crosses below red line above 50 should be the other way around, I think. Cause’ i see that the TDI 50 line is like a Trend indicator whenever the TDI lines are below 50 it indicates a downtrend vice versa. Opinions anyone ?

For me the best exit signals for this strategy are fibs extentions of the previous swing high/low.
But this strategy does not work for me. It is picking too many false signals. Not enough reliable.

I’ve been using this method for the last 3 months on my live account and it is very strong. You can even use it in the 1 minute charts to scalp for 5-10 pips.

For me, i now use this strategy on the 1 hour and 4 hour charts and I find it ridiculously strong.
Just like Big E, I enter the trade on the 4 hour chart once the TDI green crosses the red signal line and I just leave the trade overnight before I go to sleep.
One of the best feelings is waking up and seeing your mobile MT4 in the “blue” profit screen.

Use this stencil for your entries. Just line it up next to your TDI green line and if it matches the angle in the stencil go for it!

2 Likes

Hi All,

Thank you for sharing. I also saw the TMS system on FF but i like it better here. It is clean and closer to the original system. I have read Big E documentations and said many times to keep it simple and basic. He was super confident about this system and always willing to help. R.I.P

i am also new here, there and in trading :slight_smile: but his system very captured my attention for its simplicity and efficiency. Hope this thread keeps going so i can learn more…and share my trades (demo).

Many thanks,
Joe