Bigger spread than normal?

From my demo account ^ . Is this a lag or what because the spreads aren’t usually that big when I trade. I understand that they’ve taken the rollover fee but there must be somethingin else affecting it?

Edit: Thanks for the answers!

I’m currently seeing a 14-pip spread on this. Probably normal time of day - NY has closed, low volume, high risk.

Its normal and happens everyday after NY session close and lasts for about 1 or 2 hours. Google oanda historical spreads.

If you have tight stops during these times then it will most likely get triggered so best to either close your positions or temporarily remove your stops during that period until spreads return to normal.

Before the closing of the day usually the spreads widens due to lack of liquidity. And after some time it gets normal. Also it varies from broker to broker. But if in normal time it happens it’s better to change the broker.

Thank you!

its a very nice reply with good information , thanks for your nice post. i also i think when normal time this occurs its more appropriate to change the platform.

In my experience as a forex trader, I have seen that spreads usually widen before the closing of the day.