Bijoy's Trading Set ups

Friends,

As my EURJPY long trade from post #109 has reached up by 40 pips, I am shifting my SL to BE @ 103.70.

BIJOY

GAINED
PIPS

Friends

My weekend has become so sweet as my Trade 9 (GBP/USD Short) from Post # 69 & 102 hit TP gaining 150 pips.

This trade earned me 150 pips and an increase of account balance by 5%. Now my balance is increased to $ 3667.00 from $ 3517.00.

Thank…Thank…Thank…Thank you guys…

I am planning to close my EURJPY trade before weekend.

BIJOY

Really Awesome trade dude…!
May Pips stay with you…!

Friends,

My trade 10 (Buy stop order on EUR/AUD) from post # 101 is not yet triggered as the price is ranging below the order rate. Considering the weekend, I decided to close the pending order.

BIJOY

Happy weekend bijoy…I was lurking here to see all your trades… Good trades …

Friends,

Considering weekend, I am closing my trade 11 (Short EUR/JPY) from post #109 & 121 for a small return.

This trade gained me 37 pips and increased my account by 1.5%. Now the balance is increased to $3713.33 from $3667.00

Thank You Guys…

BIJOY

nooooo i tried to write i couldnt im so sorry it kept sending me to some error page. your eurjpy target 102.7 is aligning with weekly 50%(purple) and H4 50%(skyblue) and thats where my buy order is :S it was some kinda stophunt i assume. neh few pips is better than no pips at all but the point of moving SL to b/e is to let 'em run, not close 'em when they are approaching the sl. CLICK to enlarge:

Friend,

I already closed my position in view of weekend. O.K. There may be more opportunities waiting for us in the next week. Let us make our mind fresh in this weekend and come back with more energy to grab fresh pips.

Friends,

I am receiving lot of requests and PMs to explain my strategy as many are seeing this system as a nice one which is spotting very good entry points.

Any of my knowledge that keeps me in trading is achieved from babypips website and am glad to share my little knowledge to members under this community anticipating that will be worth to the newbies and may also act as a thanks giving.

Before explaining, I may humbly inform you that this system is not a mechanical system and is just a matter of common sense. I am just applying the knowledge gained from the School of pipsology and babypips forums.

I have certain rules as written in post#1 and these rules are not meant to provide any signals. These rules are intended to keep me in the field with utmost discipline. All my trades are discretionary.

You guys are aware that I am spotting my entry points at trend lines, channel extremes and at resistance and support levels.

Now, a possible question can arise !!!

How, the trend lines and channels are drawn and resistance/support levels are identified ?

You may get thousands of answers and methods as the sense of approach towards this question differs from an individual to another individual. There is no fixed rules to spot these levels. It is a matter of common sense.

[B]Yes… I say…a matter of common sense. [/B]

Here I would like to explain the methods I adapt to spot my entry points.

As there is no pre defined rules, I will explain the way I spot this points and finding entry using recent chart of GBP/USD ( I really love you…Miss. cable).

Next few posts will briefly explain the style of my chart art.

[B]BIJOY[/B]

Note: I am not a master and never attained any experience of teaching. So kindly tolerate with me… for any mistakes…

Hai friends…

Below is the live monthly chart of cable.

What we see in this chart ?

Nothing, a naked chart with some candlesticks.

Let us draw some yellow lines joining few candle highs and lows
See…

Yes… Now something is clear. There is two trend lines. One rising and the other, falling.

What this indicates ?

Whooooo… the price is jammed within a symmetric triangle since October 2008. (In 2008, I was not even aware of trading and was wasting time watching fashion TV !!!)

Will the triangle break ? Who bothers ?? Even now the extremes of triangle is in a distance of 900 pips. Let us keep an eye on this.

So what is next ?

Nothing. Just see next !!!

Let us come down to the Weekly chart.

See…

Now the triangle is more clear. Anything more…?

See…

Yeaha… There is two blue colored horizontal lines . Something more… Lines are acting as a channel. Price is going up and down within the channel.

Oh my God… I didn’t notice this earlier…I lost a lot of pips…

Don’t worry dude…, A better tomorrow is waiting for you !!!

Let us scroll down.

Here we are going down to the pretty sweaty lovely… daily chart.

See the magic

Now the channel is more clear. And what else are you viewing. I think we all are thinking the same. We are seeing an upward trend within the channel. Let us draw it with a magenta line.

See now…

Yes the lovely lady is in an uptrend since June 2012.

There is no more time to waste…

Let us go down.

Here is the 4 hour chart.

What I am seeing ? a downward trend.

Just wait…Let me join it…with a red line

Ohoooooo… I am confused.

Chart is showing a clear down trend ?

But the pair is in an upward trend in the daily chart.

Which one I should believe… Is the sweaty trending up or is it going down ?

The answer is… BOTH !!!

It is a down trend within an uptrend.

Anybody confused ?

Those who are confused please go up and read from post # 129 again.

All others… Guys… come fast… Let us go to the next post.

I don’t want to go further down. I am tired…So let us go back to the monthly chart with all of our drawings.

Are you getting anything ? It looks like a modern painting (’-’)

Relax…

This is nothing … Just 6 lines

Two yellow lines drawn in the monthly chart.
Two blue lines from the weekly chart.
A magenta line from the daily chart.
and a red line from the 4 hour chart.

These lines are our areas of interest. The points where the price will intersect with the lines becomes the turning points of our dreams… our life…or something more…

Market is always changing. Trends are changing. Channels are changing. Lines are changing. But the method… that never changes. The never changing method is nothing, but the common sense.

Guys… Got it…?

What ?

Somebody is telling something…

Tell me loudly…********

Oh. I got it

That guy is asking me some questions

You want to know… Yes, He is asking me

“You are trying to kill us with a story that we already heard from thousands. Hey Mr… Tell me, How you are getting into the trade. What makes your entry triggered ? What the hell is done by your 14,3,3 stochastic in the 4 Hour chart ?”

OK…OK…OK, cool down my man, First let me have a glass of water.

I am alright. Guys… Please come with me to the next post.

Yes, the STOCHASTIC OSCILATOR (14,3,3)

I am not using the stochastic as an indicator to enter on trades. This is used to avoid wrong entries.

How… ?

I won’t enter on a long trade, when the stochastic is overbought and won’t go short when the stochastic is oversold.

You got it…yeah… that is what i meant.

Also I use stochastic to detect divergences …

Now the rest is entry ?

I wait for any one of the following action in the 4 hour chart to trigger my entry.

I wait for some reversal candlesticks to form at the lines of interest before entry, for a bounce trade.

I wait for some continuation candlesticks to form or for a pull back of price at the lines of interest before entry, for a breakout trade.(Conservative way of break out trading)

Even without candlestick patterns, I used to enter on trades at lines of interest with a divergence spotted between price and the Stochastic Oscilator.

For reversal and continuation candlestick patterns, please see Japanese Candlesticks Cheat Sheet | Japanese Candlesticks | Learn Forex Trading

For divergence cheat sheet, please refer Divergence Cheat Sheet | Trading Divergences | Learn Forex Trading

To know more about conservative way of (Pull back) break out trading, please visit Trading the Lines | Support and Resistance Levels | Learn Forex Trading

So finally…!!!

What to say…???

Yes I got something…

Something that big people used to say

Be patient… Stay Disciplined… Control your emotions… Read Dr. Pipslow’s Pipsychology - Forex Blog: Psychology of Forex Currency Trading

Success is on your way. Ohooooo… I am sorry… Success is in our way…

…and…

BIJOY

Nice thread Bijoy, I like how you keep your analysis clean and simple. I’m a swing trader myself and i too focus on the higher time frame charts because it matches my trading style. Look forward to your analysis and i’ll share trading opportunities when i see them.

ty again for taking you time to contribute. i really suck at drawing trend lines and worse at giving them a meaning. But yout thread encouraging me further to study. I’ll post here more charts so please do tell what you would have done differently. Thank you.

As i said, do tell what you would have done differently. Its both for my own good and for helping others to get the feel of it. No setups here, just speculations so plss do not consider to take any trades based on those charts. Click to enlarge:

@EURGBP DAILY Looks very bullish to me honestly. Could be wrong tho.

#USDCAD DAILY Considering to sell above 1.0015-30

#USDCHF H4

#GBPUSD DAILY I am short-term long on cable, but if it fails, weekly target is 1.582~

#AUDUSD H4 Im short aussie targeting 1.03 where i’ll consider buying it again.

#EURUSD H4 As i posted earlier, im long eurusd from 1.315-20s, for shorts tho the next target - also another good buy area - will be 1.300s, but there is no clear bias yet.

Well thats about it thank you for attention and hard work and dedication and everything else thats good :smiley: cheers

You are doing a nice job on the charts. a lot of work.!

Hai kwonkicker,

Your set ups are nice and promising. But always remember to add an oscillator to the chart to avoid wrong entries. For me, it is a must rule. There will be no long trades while the Oscillator is overbought and no short trades while it i s oversold. Normally, the Oscillator will be in the overbought territory during an upward break out and will be in the oversold territory during a downward trend. This rule prevents me from entering on trades directly on a break out and helps me to enter into the move on a pull back. This really helps and keep me away from fake outs.