Bitcoin and Altcoins Thread

and down it goes, the good thing is this strategy is accumulating coins at these lower prices, we are now 10 weeks into the year and have an even $1,000 invested in each of the currencies.

1 Like

Certainly a roller coaster ride, very glad you didn’t enter at the top.

1 Like

Google bans ads for cryptocurrencies and ICO’s –
– as well as ads for forex and CFD brokers.

[U]Excerpts from the Finance Magnates article[/U]:

“Yesterday’s official announcement from Google that it is preparing to ban the advertisement of forex and CFDs along with ICOs was a big surprise for the industry.”

“But why did forex and CFDs brokers end up together with cryptocurrencies and ICOs?”

“Google and Facebook might both be reacting to the SEC’s decision to flip the switch on crypto, and in all fairness, they probably don’t have much choice. As was reported by the FT last night, European regulators are considering a digital tax for companies that are working in the space.”

1 Like

Meanwhile, CMC Markets adds crypto CFD’s and spread-bets to their menu –
– for their professional clients only

1 Like

One reason I think because some country has banned bitcoin as digital currency, like as south korea which they banned bitcoin on their country because reason may used for terorist activity transfer money, and another country also has similar reason which influenced on value of bitcoin, but seems still bitcoin grow for some years later

1 Like

Yep. :stuck_out_tongue: It makes so much sense! :smiley: I’m actually kinda glad that they’ve decided to be more cautious when it comes to crypto ads :smiley: I used to open my FB account only to find dozens of shady platforms. :frowning:

Guys, be warned in case you’re trading with Bittrex, they announced that by the end of March they’ll be delisting 82 altcoins. According to the announcement, the reasons for the decision include poor liquidity and “broken blockchains or wallets that will not allow withdrawals.” Others have been abandoned by their developers or have been designed as pump-and-dump schemes and scams.

That means that once the wallets of the coins are removed from the platform, clients will no longer be able to recover and withdraw them, nor refunds will be possible.

2 Likes

Yup.

12 million dollars – down the drain.

And that’s at today’s depressed price of $7,100, or so.

Imagine cashing out at $19,000.

-- click the image to enlarge it --

A slew of scammers pour into the crypto industry

Nice jump.
Any ideas what prompted it, Clint?

@eddieb

This article is the only one I’ve read regarding the spike in price.
It talks about the spike, but doesn’t really explain the cause.

1 Like

Guys, don’t give up on Bitcoin, this pullback and consolidation is a gift for the patient investor. Bitcoin back to 20,000 before years end

2 Likes

Watched an episode of BBC’s “Click” technology programme yesterday. It had a couple of features on mining cryptocurrencies and cryptojacking, one at the beginning and one at the end.

Not available here in the Colonies.
Bummer.

Thanks for sharing that, eddieb. The portion on security/hackers and the guy typing his username and password while the other guy reads the same info on his phone in real time gets me thinking about my overall computer security, and how a hack of my own computer would be devastating, especially if they installed a keylogger to track my keyboard usage. Yikes, scary thought!

That crypto mining data center was also insane! Can’t imagine the power bill there. But apparently, crypto mining is a drain on overall power usage in Iceland, making locals wonder if it will run out!

Crypto news from Britain, China, Australia, and Taiwan –

3 Likes