Bitcoin and Altcoins Thread

What post was that, I’ve not even read it! I dont suppose you have a screenshot Clint?

Thanks for the good news posts Clint, amazing how mainstream media only seem to report bad news these days, unless it’s about some ‘celebrity’

Hello, Eddie

Scroll back to post #70 and click on the green text “view hidden content”.

It’s still accessible. In a day or two, the post will disappear.

This is what I mean about having cash in your account to buy these dips, you never know how long they will last, and you will not buy at the bottom

I’ve got some investment in Crypto, Bitcoin, and I’ve been following the market. So far it is a dead dud. I will probably sell out. Unless you own several bitcoins valued in the thousands I can’t see any big gains. I don’t have stop loss limits, but if your gonna play the Bitcoin I would go with GDAX and set your stop losses. Other than that i don’t see any big gains in Bitcoin this year. Of course there is the Asian investments that seem to be slowing the growth of Bitcoin. Apparently a lot of the supply is coming from Asian investors, so if there pulling out then there goes a lot of supply. Your chart says it all, buy the dips, if you can!

Thanks Clint. I had seen it, and thanked him for it as well.

Nice big jump in Ripple following news about MoneyGram tie-up

1 Like

hi guys, where do you buy your ripple?

Has anyone else noticed that the TradingView cryptocurrency quotes and charts have been frozen since 0642 GMT on Thursday, January 11?

(The other quotes and charts (currencies, commodities, indices) seem to be printing accurately.)

Here’s a screen-shot taken a few minutes ago, showing

Edit – date should read Saturday, January 13, 2018

1 Like

I love these sideways consolidations, let the naysayers and get rich overnight crowd lose patients and take a loss. Then the big boys come back in and drive this market to new highs.

The Buy Weekly Strategy

If you had simply bought $100 of Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin, at the opening price of each new week, so far this year you would have invested a total of $200 in each currency and your current profit/loss would look like this.

Bitcoin -19.16
Ethereum +100.73
Litecoin -8.05

as we don’t know which crypto will win out buying all three is a safer play than betting on one and risk picking the poorest performer of the three. Bitcoin Cash would be another to add to this list that would cover every currency CoinBase currently offers

If time permits I will try to update this strategy performance as the year progresses

Interesting tweet from Grant Williams:

That’s interesting to see. Personally I think the current relatively steady movement in Bitcoin is good, shows some much needed stability

Not what we want to hear

Cryptocurrency bloodbath: Bitcoin below $12K

Today’s small gain in the dollar or the fall in the pound following the publication of UK inflation data was nothing compared to the sell-off in crypto currencies. Bitcoin was down some 15% while Ripple had shed 30% at one stage. Cyptos have been held back in recent days amid increasing levels of scrutiny from regulators, most notably in South Korea, where the government is planning to clamp down on trading in virtual currencies. The justice ministry is apparently working on a bill to ban cryptocurrency trading through exchanges. If the bill is eventually passed by the National Assembly it would be very bad news given that South Korea is the world’s third-largest market for cryptocurrencies. The uncertainty is weighing on investor sentiment. However suggestions that this is the start of the demise of cryptos is very premature.

This uncertainty is reflected in price action, with Bitcoin trading near the lower end of its wide range. The key support that needs to hold on a closing basis is at 11400, a level which previously support and resistance. If BTC/USD breaks below this level then it could very easily drop to the next psychologically-important level of $10K next. Below that, the next support comes in at 8350, which was previously a resistance level. Meanwhile resistance comes in at 12800, last week’s low, followed by 13430, the low of the doji candle from Monday. If these levels break then Bitcoin will likely go above this week’s opening price level of 13648, which, if realised, would be a bullish outcome, particularly if the most recent swing high at 13495 is also taken out.

Source: TradingView and FOREX.com

2 Likes

Crypto carnage today. 200, 000 SouthKoreans petition against proposed ban

We have seen this before, some Government wants to ban Bitcoin and the market sells off 50%, as I have said before, Buy the Dip

Get ‘Em While They’re Cheap? Two-Day Crypto Market Slump Offers Steep ‘Discounts’

1 Like