Bitcoin and Altcoins Thread

Another $2000 drop

How low can this go?

Carnage out there, Bitcoin in freefall

Other cryptocurrencies also getting hammered.
Bitcoin cash down 38% today alone, Ethereum down 29%, Litecoin down 32%

Anyone here in Bitcoin?
Where do you feel its headed, and when do you cut your losses?

Most people selling now were in it for the quick cash and are bailing now. Crypto is the future and I think this is obvious. This “crash” makes no sense other than panic selling or massive shorting by banks to induce panic. We know they do this. It’s their M.O.

When to get out? That depends on how strong your stomach is. It can go back up just as fast as it comes down. We just saw this happen a couple weeks ago. I don’t think normal indicators apply to cryptos - YET. We know now that the big dog investors have recently gotten their fingers on it and in my opinion are doing everything they can to discredit it.

1 Like

Bit of a recovery, back to $13000 now.
Lets see if it can hold

1 Like

Yeah, that 10,000 range was a great buy time. Huge support there. Then again, I thought 15,000 was huge support.

1 Like

Ralies back to $15000, quite a rollercoaster this week

I still fear it could drop again just as easily

Here’s a nice article from Dr. Pipslow:

4 Likes

Interesting article Forexgump.
I hadn’t considered "The most reasonable cause is due to what happened to Youbit. The South Korean exchange was hacked earlier this week.

The thieves made off with almost 20% of its assets. They’re probably the ones liquidating their stolen goods right now." as a reason for some of the drop, but it makes some sense

It just suffered a fall, but I think it will increase again in January and it will not be until February where we will know with certainty if it is a bubble.

1 Like

Why do you say that, Adam?

Hey Eddie,

Yup, into a bit of a couple. BTC, ETH, LTC, EOS, XRP, a little STR/XLM. Got some BCC/BTG recently from the hardforks a couple months back. Started buying in Feb of this year, and am basically using profits from BTC to diversify my holdings. I tend to put my money behind the tech that make sense to me, and teams/devs that have history in the industry. There’s plenty of cryptos out there to get excited about. We’ll just have to see about execution of their plans and adoption by existing businesses. It’s definitely the wild wild west out there!

1 Like

I noticed in another thread a post about spending bitcoins ( I think it was Australia-centred), so after a quick Google I found this for UK bitcoin owners who want to use theirs for shopping.

You don’t actually spend the Bitcoins in Tesco etc, you just redeem them for shopping vouchers which can then be spent. Which begs the question, why use this third-party at all when you can just cash them in yourself (probably at a better rate) then spend your money the old fashioned way?

From Zeeks point of view, it looks a fairly easy way to get hold of some bitcoins at below market rates

Still yoyo-ing around

Classic Pin Bar reversal, followed by a $200 up move in just a day, this was Ethereum on the one hour chart, for the patient investor/trader this selloff is a great Christmas gift. and a hard lesson for those who chased and bought near the highs, I still believe anyone buying Bitcoin above 19,000 will be rewarded if they just sit tight. I am not selling my Bitcoin but will be using this pullback to increase my holdings in Litecoin and Ethereum as I see both of these coins outperforming Bitcoin in 2018 as they did in 2017

1 Like

Hi Dennis, good to see you’re still around.

Are you only in bitcoin, or are you in any others as well?

1 Like

Hi eddie, and Merry Christmas

Yes, I own Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, and Ethereum. Most of my purchases were in early spring, I thought I was a latecomer but turns out it was a perfect time. I am looking forward to another big year in 2018

1 Like

Saw this earlier. Lets see if it pans out like this