Bitcoin Buy Weekly Strategy

What do you think the thousands of these bad boys roaming the streets of America are chewing up in energy and adding to the carbon problem.

There is nothing green about the American greenback

1a

1 Like

@Student05

Trolling!

Hilarious!

If you can truly honestly try to find all the negative points about an investment, and not find them then just maybe it’s a great investment.

I just think there are too many questions to be a Hodler of this market.

As for not knowing who Michael Saylor is, well maybe you don’t know quite as much about this sector as you think.

Like it or not, the dollar is what is in demand - China doesn’t want Bitcoin, Africa doesn’t want Bitcoin, SE Asia doesn’t want Bitcoin.

Hell, most retailers don’t even want it.

Granted a few institutions have gone all in - most notably Micro strategies. And yes Paypal have allowed US users to buy or sell it.

But this amazing store of value it is not.

Think what you want about the dollar, but at least for the next few decades most of us will run to it in times of crisis.

Notice what happened in 2008?

The dollar rose massively and Gold fell.

I do not like fiat as much as the next man - but out of all the ugly sisters, it is STILL the least ugly.

I am hoping with Brexit finally behind us the GBP will become the strongest currency - but like it or not in many parts of the globe people still trust the US dollar.

I know for one, when I do my visa run to Burma its dollars they want NOT Bitcoin.

1 Like

Do you move goalposts professionally? You’re extremely good at it.

@Student05

Not quite sure what you mean.

But it does sound to me you are particularly married to this investment thesis.

It may well come to pass that Bitcoin does a moon run, in which case I too will be on board.

But from a strictly fundamental standpoint, I feel the regulators are by far the biggest hurdle in this sector.

I am a fan of XRP - seems to me it is a damn sight more useful than Bitcoin.

But that does not mean I am going to rush out and buy it blindly - I’ve been around the markets long enough to know that believing something about an investment and it actually happening are a world away from each other.

Hmmmmm… If you support BTC and have not heard of Michael Saylor (and don’t care), your kudos on this forum will shrink to zero compared with other participants whose opinions I highly value.

Michael Saylor is first and foremost an engineer, and (rarely in my opinion) one who also has a very good understanding of long term wealth protection. Of course I am biased because I am also an engineer, who likes to think he also has a good understanding of long term wealth protection.

I agree with @Dennis3450 here, and in my case, I took a 3% stake in Crypto and was fortunate to see that stake more than quadruple in less than a year. As part of a very old and trusted plan, I considered 3% to be a sum I was willing to put forward in a new investment class that had proven over only a decade to have a potential for a reward/risk ratio of over 10X in 4 years. You could say we got lucky (whoever decided to do this), and I have the same approach in all our investments since about 10 years ago. The crypto market has halved in value over the past three months, and I have to tell you that it is one of the few investments we ever made where I was comfortable with a 50% drawdown. I’d be slightly uncomfortable with another halving to 75% drawdown, but not devastated. Anyway, everything in moderation, that is what I say. Michael Saylor may have gone a little overboard in his zealous way of communicating his future corporate investment intent via streaming media, but I can’t fault the guy. I think he is a mover and shaker. He’s not the only one. Raoul Pal sometimes says “I am all in with Bitcoin” then announces that he has more ETH than BTC. I take a lot of what is said in t’ interweb with a pinch of salt. You would be well advised to think deeply about the value you are getting for free from the likes of @Johnscott31 and @Dennis3450 before posting. God made us with one mouth and two ears to use them in the proportion given. Think about that a little. We are here to learn, not to create a slanging match about one’s opinion over others’. :wink:

5 Likes

@Mondeoman

I understand Rao Paul’s view on BTC - he sees it as a treasury type of asset. And i recall Saylor in one of his first Real Vision interviews made some very valid points

It certainly got me thinking about crypto.

The fact is it’s a whole new thing and no one really knows where it fits in

It’s not a medium or exchange or store of value - but that does not mean it won’t have a place in the new financial landscape.

It’s a great market to trade but I personally see it as a momentum play and the last thing you do with momo plays it’s hold on for dear life.

This has always been my issue with it - it attracts newbies who are not prepared for the excessive volatility and euphoria thi market creates.

Thanks for sharing, good post to keep watching.

@Johnscott31,
For me the light turned on in May 2020 after a chance conversation with my son’s Iranian friend from school. He had been investing in Monero for some time. I guess he had his reasons.

Also, my little sister in Oz had bought and sold “two bitcoins” in the lead up to the 2017 peak, but considered that far too risky, preferring to buy Perth mint silver and long term USD against AUD (unleveraged). She and her partner made ONE great property deal in their life and banked over $1M. No kids and rent a 3 bed townhouse, work 4 days a week and surf 3 days a week. When she said it was too risky, that is what caught my interest. They had made +50% in months, but did not believe the long term.

I aspire to holding the equivalent of 2 bitcoins - whatever their value against fiat currencies. And that is 50% in BTC and 50% in “other crypto currencies”. The main reason for investing so much time in trading is to try to over-achieve that goal. Stretch target is 4 BTC, minimum target is 1BTC. We are in no hurry. If BTC goes to zero, we will have lost up to 3% of our wealth. If BTC moons, we will have a very comfortable retirement indeed.

I took my eye off our gold holding for about 10 years and woke up one morning realizing we were way over target. So any foray into Crypto is at the expense of our long term gold (and silver) investment. Both gold and crypto have the same purpose in our lives. You like to think that the world will tick along slowly but surely, and that a loaf of bread will still cost £1 in ten years time. But the older we get, the more we think about insurance against that assumed scenario. My wife is a Syrian national and has a house there that we have never lived in. In local currency terms the story goes a bit like this. When I arrived in Syria I rented a 2,000 sq ft house for $17K per year. At the time that was about 800,000 Syrian Pounds (SYL) and my landlord proudly told me that he had built the entire house for 1 million SYL just three years prior (in 1985). Today, after 10 years of war, a million Syrian pounds is about just over 300 USD. That is the reason gold is so popular in the Middle East and Asia. They know a thing or two about value, and have been at it for a few thousand years. If that were to happen in the UK, I’d be selling a house per year for the next 20 years, but not touching the BTC. That is for the next generation. This is the reason I continue to have “get rich slow” schemes like Crypto investment. You never know where your next 10 bagger is going to come from. :yum:

3 Likes

But this guy has an agenda. He’s not hiding it. Wouldn’t you say the same exact thing in his shoes?

@Thebeezneez

He most definitely has an agenda. And in answer to your question, no I would not do that because I would never be in his shoes.

I am too much a honest individual for that.

When I first heard the guy he made some valid points. But the more I listened to him I picked up on his arrogance and over confidence.

As a CEO of a company would you really turn your profitable business into a Bitcoin hedge fund?

The guy stinks of hubris to me, which is very characteristic of a market top.

I’m sure many of his shareholders are livid at his Bitcoin antics

@Mondeoman

Without thinking about it you bring up a valid point and one we can all learn from.

You only have a small position in Bitcoin relative to total capital, and because of it are able to think rationally about it

But many are all in on it, which like any oversized position leads to emotional decision making, and confirmation bias.

This is far too characteristic in the sector. Years ago I was the biggest silver bull in the world, and could quote verbatim why it was going to da moon.

Well guess what I’m still waiting - but it taught me a valuable lesson - don’t get wrapped up in stories and don’t let a trade become an investment.

Many Hodlers need to learn those lessons too

You probably got caught up in the Mike Maloney craze. I love his series of Youtube videos on the history of money and the biggest stealth tax in history - currency inflation. Mine came in late around 2013. I bought physical. I am not disappointed because the last time I looked, in Sterling terms it is about double what I paid for it. We’ve been in gold since 1988!

I then progressed onto a Bullionvault account which made me sleep an awful lot more peacefully at night. LOL.

@Mondeoman

Not specifically Mike Maloney, but yes that whole moon shot thesis.

My last blog post (which I doubt anyone has even read lol) talks about the gold and silver manipulation.

Ironically silver has potentially better fundamentals now than ever, what with it’s use in green energy tech.

I still love gold and silver but unlike many in the crypto space I am able to divorce myself from the copious amounts of bull crap that goes by the way of analysis.

Incidentally I’ve got a nice little buy order in gold today - who knows it might be the start of a decent bull run.

Could today be the beginning of another step up

There is a lot of room to push down but think if it retraces 50/62% could be a nice buying opportunity

1 Like

Wild day for Bitcoin, $4,000 trading range, but in the end, we are moving in the right direction.

A weekly close above 43K will confirm this new uptrend

Lots of room to pull back to fill some of that imbalance but definitely positive you’re right

1 Like

For those of us holding BTC, you have got to love this action

Now I don’t buy into some of the crazy price predictions that are out there but I do think it is a pretty safe bet we have not seen the high of the year

1 Like

We are testing the 200 day moving average, from a technical point we want price back above the 200 dma then a cross of the 50 dma over the 200 , at that point we willl likely be at new highs