Bitcoins? Currency of the future?

Cryptocurrencies became the instrument purely intended for speculations, despite much debate I stick to opinion that they have no intrinsic value and should be regarded as a “tool” to transfer value from new members to old ones, i.e. it is a bubble :slight_smile:

1 Like

Most of us would be thinking now that why we didn’t pay heed towards bitcoin earlier (including me):joy:joy:

yeah i have heard you can trade cryptos on forex through CFDs. And I agree . Cryptocurrenies are a nice investment option to make money

I think we’ll be seeing much more such estimates taken everywhere throughout the world in the following couple of years until the point when cryptographic forms of money are put under a type of administrative system precisely in view of their developing prominence.

I agree with you :smile:

The next chapter in this book perhaps is it’s future destination ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extraordinary-Popular-Delusions-Madness-Crowds/dp/1463740514/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1539852463&sr=8-1&keywords=madness+of+crowds

It’s simply because everybody wants to earn their bread free and with no efforts. Somebody should always pay for others profit, if nothing were produced and exchanged for money. People somehow thought that prices will rise indefinitely what is profound illusion.

That’s just the hype and FOMO. Then the FUD comes and people lose (lost)… a lot.
Anyway, on the topic - Bitcoins, IMHO, are not the future but the blockchain technology sure has a place in it.

I agree. In my view, as well, cryptos might not be a part of the future, but the blockchain technology sure will be.

1 Like

Have you tried to trade CFD contracts on cryptocurrencies. It was a perfect discover for me, no hassle with BTC exchanges, make money from bitcoin swings without worrying about the exchange.

Bitcoin is considerably the currency of the future as Bitcoin’s price is notoriously volatile. Over the years, we’ve witnessed huge swings (both up and down) in the span of days, hours and even minutes. Over time, we’re seeing Bitcoin’s price becoming far less volatile.

Among all the speculations, one thing that is known for sure is that if not bitcoins at least cryptocurrencies are definitely here to stay. The value of bitcoins has been fluctuating a lot but it is seen as a viable option for investment. It has seen a huge surge from $3000 in mid- November to $19000 in December 2017.

Bitcoin could regain its popularity, and its price.

However, we are also looking at countries regulating it heavily due to various reasons – scams, money laundering, terrorism funding, sometimes simple fear of innovations.

The latest regulations were enacted in the Netherlands out of all places.

In an attempt to stem money laundering De Nederlandsche Bank plans to regulate all companies dealing with crypto coins, by requiring them to get a special license. The measure is aimed to deter money laundering and possible funding of terrorist activities.

Under the proposed legislation all companies that want to get a license will have to report all unusual cryto transactions to the authorities and to know exactly who their clients are.

The Dutch Central Bank says the new policy is necessary, because the crypto market is highly decentralized and with a high degree of anonymity, which makes it a perfect tool for money laundering.

Also the measure is in line with a new European directive – the fifth Anti-Money Laundering Directive, which is the first piece of European law that specifically mentions the crypto currencies.

How can bitcoin be a currency…? when you take your bitcoin wallet to the bank and ask then to exchange for £££’s they would just laugh at you.

Same here! But I think, there have so many sectors that need to improve if we want to see that kind of place.

Do you believe, on can still make more bitcoin by mining? Does mining actually give hop for one bitcoin?

Bitcoin, the most popular of all, faces a new halving process, that is, a technical process by which the production of blocks by the miners is adjusted and the supply of this virtual currency is reduced; in theory, if demand continues, bitcoin’s price should rise

In my opinion, you should understand that bitcoin is a relatively new technology, and even futurists aren’t sure about its fate.

It’s an artificial currency and it doesn’t belong to any country. You never know how it will behave in the future

very true, and defintiely agree with you

i dont see the point in rejecting something that is clearly being adopted by the masses, and works WELL.