Blowing a live account

As an advancing trader in FX trading, indeed I open a micro live account that I’m comfortable to lose through a/c blow up🙆 is it a routine that for one to become successful in trading you MUST blow an account?

It’s often said by many successful traders ,promoting this ,might make them look abit more "interesting"especially as they have turned the corner.there is probably people on here who spend hour s ironing their underpants and would not dream of blowing up an account ,who are also successful,

2 Likes

Its very common for new traders to blow an account because they generally don’t pick up a well-tried simple objective strategy and they don’t demo trade it before piling money in.

1 Like

Blowing a live account is another learning lesson on the road to eventual success or failure.

I’ve blown a live prop firm account, cost me £200, which taught me to really get down to business, if I wanted to succeed. I set myself tough targets, by managing a $65 account for four months without blowing it. That was partially successful, although I realised I needed to FOCUS SOLELY on my tried and tested strategy and not on any others.

As at today, with plenty of correlation signals that need to be in synch, I’m hitting a green profit every month since the beginning of the year. I consider that I have reached the competent trader stage, no more, as there are plenty of new lessons to learn.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

Hahaha :rofl: amazing

So much encouraging, after blowing my first £100 account, I thought FX is not meant for me but after studying and listening to other traders from the forums I realized that blowing an account in early stages is normal. I started trading to become a millionaire hahaha :rofl: that’s was my goal as a newbie after seeing successful traders display flushy supercars owning great properties 🙆:rofl::sob: not knowing what it entails to become a profitable and successful trader.

Very true :joy:

no ,you don’t need to blow accounts to become successful in trading.
or , you don’t blow accounts to become any better in trading.
the key is :which part of trading you grill deep in. enter? SL ? MM?RRR? trading system?psychology?
the answer? sorry

1 Like