Blowing accounts

i always blow my accounts by opening alot of negative trades how to get rid of that habit ?

Hi

What do you mean by ‘negative trades’?

Are they demo accounts or real accounts??

Irrespective it would be a good idea if you stopped for a while and concentrate on some education.

Cheers

Blackduck

1 Like

learn learn learn
repeat repeat repeat

trading is alot of work …put it in and dont give up easily !

1 Like

in float losing

yess, learning is the only way you’ll get out of this. if you are blowing demo account then it’s ok, just learn side by side and continue, but if you are talking about live account, it’s better to stop and switch to demo account for a while.

1 Like

Blowing account is okay as long you put money management and you still have some funds to trade in the future without stretching your pocket. But need to keep in mind that your goal is to keep staying in the game and not blowing your account. Please like my comment if you agree

2 Likes

Has to be a Risk management issue
Do you calculate position size for your trades?
Do you close winners in small profit?
Do you allow losers to run without a stop loss?
Do you take impulse trades?
Do you stick to your strategy rules?

If your answers aren’t;
Yes
No
No
No
Yes
You may just continue to blow your accounts!

i blowed 2 live accounts

what is impulsive tradrs please?

Go back to your practicing table, get yourself a demo account that had same conditions like that of a real account, if you need one check out the demo account my broker Profiforex offers learn how to read charts and understand price action in real time, find a trading system which made sense for you, then build a trading plan, practice reading the patterns in the market, train to accelerate your learning curve, learn optimal times to trade, build consistency in your trading execution, build confidence in your trading mindset before you move back to your real account again.

3 Likes

After a few spankings via the market gods, you either learn and adapt or die. Take it as a sign that some adjustments to your strategy must be made prior to getting back at it.

1 Like

A trade you take disregarding your strategy rules just because you thought it looked perfect in some other way. Usually happens when you start moving from chart to chart out of boredom or after a loss.

Say you sold a pair, it hits your stop loss then you bought instead and it again hits your stop loss. The second trade is regarded as an impulse trade. In this case your first trade bias was correct but your stop loss was tight and you should not have entered the second one but you did out of Impulse.

1 Like

Blowing accounts in your early trading career will set you up to become a better profitable trader later on. First of all though, make sure you don’t trade the money you can’t afford to lose.

Just do the opposite of what your doing now.!!! :grinning:

3 Likes

I read that in a book about system- creating written by Joe Krutsinger: if you have a system where all trades always fail, just do the opposite!
Great!

1 Like

If you want to prevent your account from blowing you need to put a stop loss and frame a proper strategy.

You have to practice a lot. You have to learn to trade as well as practice. And you have to do regular meditation.

@Kathlyn_Pollich

I don’t think you HAVE to do meditation at all. Im sure most of the gang at Goldman spend more time in the strip joints than in the lotus position.

That said I do understand what you mean. I am a meditator myself, but how much it adds to the bottom line Im not sure even if there is a correlation.

Meditation will silence the mind, one of the outcomes of that means better focus - but to say you have to meditate is a stretch too far.

Most of those who come to trading are very much wrapped up the world of phenomena and care nought for the inner world.

Meditation is just one way to improve focus, but probably not much better than going for a run or regular walk.

Anyway I get your point and DO recommend meditation for all - just most people will never be that way inclined.

1 Like

Do you have a record or journal of all your trades? If not, that would be the first step as it would quickly highlight any similarities between your ‘negative’ trades. Do you enter the position always based on FOMO? Or at certain times of the day? Is it around news events? Just a few things that you would pick up with a record of your trade then aim to slowly eliminate these things from your trading process.