Bollinger band trading with MAs

Andrew I think the question mark at the end of your post best serves as my reply. I’m a dumb ass trader… I trade the charts, price is always right. I’ll leave the why and wherefore to others… suppose I could ask around but that would only serve to highten my ineptitude. :D:D:D

Rc,
I have been able to use your “hedge approach” successfully today on 1 hr TF.I think it is a great idea but i do lost one or two pips before i enter.
John.

I figure on loosing 20% of PA movement in a direction. 10% at the top and 10% at the bottom of a move.

Yes, never thought to figure it like that, that does make sense. That was actually pretty clear, thanks.

hahaha Understood, D-pips cleared it up for me. I always thought creating synthetic crosses and that mess was pointless, so, I kinda only skimmed through that part on the School of Pipsology.  :D

Time to BUY then :wink:

Same, from 6678 but it was looking dodgy for a while.
50 on the down move lastnight but didn’t get into the BUY this morning despite thinking “that looks like a good time to BUY” (tainted by upcoming news articles and the short, which I was hoping would go further, would have been a good time to at least hedge it).

Anyone happen to know which broker cas used to trade oil? I’ve looked back and can’t locate where she mentioned it, if she even did. :slight_smile:

No she never mentioned her broker but most it seems these days offer CFD.

Checked with FXCM, they only offer gold and oil trading to traders outside of the USA. :frowning:

TRY PLUS500

is a small broker but releable.

you can trade everything with them

Oil is good. :slight_smile: Besides gold and silver the others are stock indices anyway on FXCM.

They don’t seem to be US friendly. “Software is not available to US residents or in the US
Plus500 products and services are not being offered in the United States or to US residents.” :smiley:

That would be great! I did try looking at that alert service Talon and I were talking about, but having to digest two new charting software platforms has seemed a bit daunting at the moment.

However, I have been scouring this thread and think I found your earlier indicator:

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/29084-bollinger-band-trading-mas-69.html#post137864

You wrote:

By the way, here is that alarm signal I promised you for MT4.
It is set to use 3/6/9/14 LWMAs at present - if you want something different let me know.

It will send you an alarm for
MA crossovers, everytime price touches the outer bands, or everytime you get a possible 3 line whip trade.
If you just want the crossovers, then when you attach it change the alert settings to false:
CrossoverAlerts = true;
BandBounceAlerts = true;
ThreeLineWhipAlerts = true;
The link for the download is in that post.

So I’m thinking if I set the parameters for the crossover of the last indicator to cross in the TalonD strat (the 11 LWMA) against the mid Boll it should give me the kind of alerts I’m looking for…?

The only EAs I ever installed in MT4 were Tymen’s STARC bands and a very brief flirtation with FAPTurbo back when I was a forex newborn. Is it fairly easy to change the variables in the above indicator to get what we’re shooting for?

Just a thought man, I’d be a little careful jumping up in your underwares in the dead of night and entering a trade. I’ve woke straight up and entered a trade before and wished I could lay back down and sleep eternally. :slight_smile:

Just broke through the psychological barrier at 1.6700 and looks to be heading towards the upper bollinger line on the 4 hour. Contemplating a short at that point. Turned back at 1.6720. :slight_smile:

That link I put up doesn’t have the original code.
Try the attached one out. I haven’t tested it at all so let me know if anything needs fixing.

LWMA 1hr crossover alert.zip (956 Bytes)

The last 2 4hr/1hr entries short have been good for about 50pips each.
We’ve brokern the down trendline on the 4hr chart as well and it’s in a strong trend up so will be interesting to see what happens.

What happened on my end, after the movement up was stopped dead at the 1.6720 mark, was me being smacked around on the 5 minute chart and ending up with 1.8 pips. Should have been 80+. :slight_smile:

Almost a textbook 1hr bollinger bounce from 0750.
ABout 0900, you have the Daily stepping back inside the 2:1 boll also.