Bollinger band trading with MAs

Personal account I’m more flexible but dont have more than two lots open on a pair. Two lots for TP1 and TP2 close. The basic premise being that if I run two lots (for the sake of this example) and PA moves 10 pips (my TP1), I’m up 20 pips and close half. Now the second half can keep on going or reverse back to original entry position and I could close… but I would still be up 10 pips. One lot up 10 pips then fall back to BE = zero sum gain.

Conversely you could scale in a bigger trade without increasing risk. Example: 1 lot up 10 pips add second lot. Lot two can fall back to lot 1 entry before BE but if goes in your favour double pips. :slight_smile:

Dilemna now.
PA outside 1hr, 4hr, and Daily bollingers but angled heavily to the downside on the 1hr chart and no decent wicks yet…

I’m into the longer trade this week so wont attempt to swim against the tide on this one. Not going to take a look at any TF chart under 1h this week. :smiley:

not sure I follow that R. 1 lot up 10 then add 2nd lot. if price drops back to lot 1 entry then you are BE on 1st lot but minus on 2nd lot?

As usual, slept through the big down move without an over night trade. That’s a problem in search of a solution.

shame the fan lines thread got locked. Those are great s/r lines

Every thread that xtraction fella posts in gets closed down :slight_smile:

Mike if trade 1 is up 10 pips. Then you enter another identical lot in the same direction as lot 1 trade… at that point lot 1 is up 10 pips and lot 2 is zero. Now PA moves against you by 10 pips. Lot 1 (which is up by 10 pips) cansels out the 10 pip loss of lot two. Sum gain BE or Zero.

[B]Edit:[/B] Head up my ass today (can’t multi task). meant 20 pips up then fall back 10 etc etc… its Monday! :smiley:

Dont know why that thread was locked? Didnt see anything offesive in it a few strongly worded posts but nothing to get in a twist about?

yeah, I have him on my ignore list, it stops me being tempted to respond to any of his posts.

Back to trading, I don’t see much support until maybe around 1.6765 What do y’all think ?

Took me a bit to digest that properly, but understood. :slight_smile:

Yep… I use the first example all the time… it greatly increases the chances of making some decent pips when the trade goes in your favour from the off but comes back on you. Dont use the second example with or without the correct maths. :D:D:D

Err :confused:
Enter 1 trade
Trade moves to +20pips, close half = +10pips effectively
Enter trade 2, currently zero (or -3 for spread but I get the point).
Trade 2 moves to -20pips
Trade 1 is then closed out at break even.
Trade 2 is closed out as hits stop loss
Total = -20+10 = -10.

I think your trading a different chart to mine? PA currently at 1.6318. Yep its a Monday. :D:D:D

Perhaps we should all refrain from posting on Monday morning :smiley:

Sorry that was a typo, I need to be more careful with my typing!

how’s that?

Ok two different type of trades here.

1. Two lots when reached TP1 sell one lot and let other lot ride. So say (example) 2 lots X 10 pips = 20 pips. Sell 1 lot. Now second lot can reverse to initial entry point but will still be up 10 pips.

2. One lot up 20 pips. Add second lot. Second lot can lose 10 pips before combined BE.

I prefer example 1. Example 2 is just a safer way of incrementally increasing your position.

Aha, yes. Example 2 suffers from a fairly tight stop loss though?
You can also add to your position on the retraces but that takes some getting used to the places to do it and the strength of the trend.

Caught a little 12 pip ride up toward 1.6350ish, not far off from my weekly 100 pip minimum. :slight_smile:

I agree which is why I dont use example 2. Would rather take a long term trade in the direction of the trend (1 day TF and up) and hedge or close out when there are obvious retraces.

I dont see one yet but 5:1 boll on the 1h is starting to get pretty tightly squeezed. Could go either way?

Hmmm… I’ll stick my neck out and say south. :smiley:

Yeah, got a sell in just under 1.6360, looking to lock in 18 pips for my 100 weekly, but hoping for a deep drop somewhere before Euro/London close. :slight_smile: Edit: Got my 100 :slight_smile:

Mr. Carter, is you average pips per day higher on Monday mornings(The Power Hour)? :slight_smile:

Please Robert or RC. Well with GU and GJ today took 254 pips so not bad. But I think its best just to look at each and every set up and judge accordingly. Some days its flat others its really moving… I try and keep an open mind at all times… even after entering a trade. :slight_smile: