Bollinger band trading with MAs

After 30 years of perfecting your entries Robert I wouldn’t call any trade you make a gamble. :smiley:

RC,
I went short at 1.6106 as you suggested. i also hedged at 1.6110 long.took the trade at 1.6147 for the long(37pips).I still left the longer term trade you suggested open.Am i on tract?
All on GU

Well you say that but I’m hearing that USD might drop a bit but its predicted to keep on going up longer term. Thats why with the exception of GBP/USD I’m on the JPY/EUR’ish crosses for now. :wink:

Hmm… GBP/USD is the one thats currently playing ‘silly buggers’ on my chart. Possible top of 1.6200 but I dont think so. More like 1.6168 but well see. Equilibrium is around 1.6074 - 1.6026 according to my read.

I shorted GBP/USD, JPY/USD, GBP/JPY early I paid over 20 pips in spread I just closed out my last trade I made over 80 pips:D. Looking at the higher time frames for conformation is defiantly the way to go. 2:1 bol daily or mmtt are pointing at similar entries for me. I decided to close out at the bottom of a candle I may get back in after price moves up to a better reentry point.

well im long EUR/USD at 1.4313, if it keeps goin down ill probly enter long at 1.4282 (the next lower support)

Good for you. :slight_smile:

Analysts are predicting further lows… looks pretty flat too me… more like ranging until PA decides where to go.

this is y i usually dont trade on sundays :stuck_out_tongue: but its a demo so im taking all my opportunities

Thanks. I dont understand what you meant by the above statement.

GBP/USD is volatile it moves on average twice as much as EUR/USD up and down in a trending pattern, so trading it is inherently risky if you trade the shorter TF charts. My other trades are doing broadly what I suspected they might. GBP/USD is I think heading down but with the usual defient spike to scare you off. :slight_smile:

Yep starting downward looks like, GPB/USD that is, got a downward point on the middle bollingers of the 30m, 15m, 5m, and 1m. Waiting on my McGinley MA and the middle Bollinger on the Hour to turn down. I’m up +30 but considering setting it to break even when and if I’m up +40 pips. :slight_smile:

(GPB/USD) Decently crisp rejection off of the middle bollinger on the 15m. Still a bit uncertain, enough to not put a break even stop. Even though I was up 40 pips at one point. :slight_smile:

Have fun but I see it heading down. :slight_smile: Night all.

Yep, me too, take care. :cool:

me three, take care:eek:

I know we’re all TAs but just on a fundamental note, what do those analysts think about the USD long term? What with the US printing money (as well as everyone else :)), it can’t keep up it’s Xmas rally can it?

I don’t think it can. Not at all. Thing is, which economy is going to be worse, the UK or USA. :cool:

They predict USD to take a possible further dip but over the longer period to rise.

Was nicely up last night then went to bed and didnt get up until mid day and all my trailing stops had been hit. :stuck_out_tongue: Currently short on GBP/JPY and USD/JPY.

RC,
You are correct. I was scared of the sudden up of the GU.I think i need to look outside GU for now.Which pair will you recommend for me because all is 40pips perday and i have time up to 8 hrs perday, for now, to devote to trading?
Thanks for your response.