Bollinger band trading with MAs

For me, Friday ended in a buy signal based on the 4h HA rules, would you take this trade sunday, when the markets open? I usually never trade sundays, just wondering what you would do in this rare occasion.

5M ? ? What happened to 4H ? :eek:

I bought last night at 1.4832 and closed this morning at 1.4972

4H HA candles.

I want to hear more about the Matt strat.

anyone get in?

Start looking for trades at London open? or earlier before things heat up? And what happened to the traffic light?

You sure do change your trading around a lot lol. Wish I was successful with many different systems.:smiley:

By the way Shr1k, I’m creating an indicator that will monitor Oanda’s 10 major pairs and alert you via txt/email if one of them happens to go outside of the MAs on the daily. Not sure when it will be done, I’m not the best programmer so gimme some time :p.

R Carter,

Using the 5M now, very interesting Mr. Carter. Who said an old dog can’t learn new tricks? I bet you even have your eyes on the H1 Or the H4 as well. Next thing you know you’ll be on the 1M. Keep this up and you’ll have to change your moniker to RobertBSmart but I think one of us smart asses on this thread is enough. LOL. Now people will call you crazy. LOL. BTW have you traded in the horse and buggy yet for that Rolls? HaHa. Just kidding.

Now here’s something I bet you don’t have Robert. I have been working on a new addition to my system which I have labeled Vision Quest. It gives the direction of the next bar on all timeframes and the first test results over the past year are 99.99% accurate. This is very valuable opening and closing trades knowing the next bars direction. Even after hitting a major S or R the PA very often just keeps on going leaving you in a wrong way trade. With this thingie you are at least right for one bar and if that bar is say the 1H, 4H or the Daily then you can’t lose as the average height on the 1H is $650 for a 24 hour period and higher during high volume.

As an additional bonus to this effort my indicators are showing the high and low of the desired timeframe but I have ignored that for now fully recognizing the value. Think what you could do with that for just a minute. It’s quite mind boggleling really. Every high and low gets you the value of the height of every bar but actually is much more valuable then even that little gold nugget. I will keep testing this system until I’m 100% confident but it looks good. It produced well over 600 pips in six hours since the beginning of the Sunday session tonight. Not too shabby a system that I had in a dream about a month ago. Most of the time I forget dreams but this one I woke up and wrote it down. I know most systems fail in one way or another so waiting before making an EA out of this. Still need to live test it longer as that’s where all the hicups show up. Wish me luck.

Since these big market swings I’ve gone back to using a large stop loss on some trades but I still hate using them. I’ve always viewed them as a way to insure a losing trade but this market is a little crazy right now.

Happy trading,

Johnny

JohnnyB I was playing around with a neural network to predict the next few candles but it’s so resource intensive it crashes my computer. So I’ll be interested in how you predict direction of next candle. That’s Impressive if it works!

If it works he better share it:cool:

You guys are amateurs. I’m building a neural network, as well. But I intend to send it back in time to kill Sarah Connor.

I have an idea for a time machine… but it will have to wait till I finsh the perpetual motion machine…

GOOD! Don’t fail this time :mad: lol

based on what? HA ? time frame?

I think I’m just going to stick to 4H for now

did you get out of that EU trade? Just back from lunch and I see it’s turned back down.

I’d like to try Matt’s strat if I can ever get myself up that early in the morning.

hi. anyone making pips??

i´ve no luck with big TF… i had open 12 trades during last week with small lots at around midnight in 3 days…based on hunch… and i lost all 12 trades… what´s the odds of that:D

5% of my account down in the pipes:mad:

i miss my 5mins TF trades… maybe next month

good luck to you all :wink:

This is my first time looking at the HA on the 4H (GU). It looks like this 1300 candle is changing color, bouncing off the mid boll. So you just place a Short order once this candle closes bearish? (Still having a hard time comprehending it could be this easy!)

Who was longin the euro? Bit controversial isn’t it :slight_smile: For every 10 trades, the large majority (8 out of 10 maybe) have been shorts…for weeks :slight_smile:

Today’s trade on EURUSD 1hr chart (bit of intraday action for once):

50% off at +100 (=+50)
30% off at +200 (=+60)
20% still running
110 pips for today with 1 trade…slow motion trading this :slight_smile:

R Carter,

This trade surprised me as this is actually trading off the 5M which I do not do and never will. When I saw you using the 5M I thought you finally had realised it’s value when used in conjunction with the 1H but now I see you were just scalping. I looked at your chart and then looked at mine to see what could be added to improve your trade.

If you add a Price Channel indicator set to 20 to your chart you would see the PA at the time of your Buy Long was in the middle of the channel. The last strong Buy signal occurred at 10:40 EST. If you’re just looking at the 5M then 23 pips at the time of your buy long wasn’t bad. After all you are scalping the market and have a very small vision on a very bumpy road. The most you could have got off my charts is 50 if you were really lucky but that is using the 15m and the 1H in conjunction with the 5m. The HA may smooth out the road a bit but the best shocks in the world won’t make your ride as smooth as glass over a pot hole filled road.

Using the Heiken Ashi without some form of Support and Resistance is a little risky as this indicator is really nothing more then a moving average cross which leaves you clueless to the PA direction.:confused: The HA will call for a trade much like a drunken sailor calls for another pint of Ale with no idea where he’s going to end up for the night. Unfortunately it will probably be in the gutter, the brig or in the bed of a really ugly woman.:eek:

Your stating that you’re going back to the 1H with the same setup doesn’t make any sense as the results will just be worse without the 5m.:rolleyes: You need to use both charts with the 1H as the over all direction with a good S & R added and the 5M for the actual trades.

Stay sober Robert and out of jail, use both charts. I’d hate to see you end up in bed with an ugly woman LOL.:wink:

Johnny

You must spend a lot of hours infront of your charts :stuck_out_tongue: