Bollinger band trading with MAs

The mystery is when is will start, and how far it will go.

Been looking at the dollar index for clues myself. Nothing cohesive yet. It remains an elusive quest:p

I quite agree. No analyst here. Not in the least. Pure simple triggers, and I’m happy.
Not looking for anything fancy, I just plot s/r on the buck.

Occasionally I get lucky, and find something noteworthy:)

I don’t get it. why long?

If anyone is using Shr1ks strategy with the multi timeframe system he mentioned earlier let me know.

Mike,

I think Robert has it right. He had Merlin tell him the direction.:cool:

Johnny

Higher highs, and higher lows:D

Mike,

I’m working on my Daily Predictor Indicator and doing some fine tuning and it has showed a long bar from the very start. We shall see but I wouldn’t bet against Merlin anyway.

Here’s some predictions. Even if they turn out wrong it won’t be ant worse then the Analyst latest predictions. I should have posted this earlier.

[B][U]Daily Predictions:[/U][/B]

EUR/USD = [B]UP[/B]
EUR/AUD = [B]DOWN[/B]
GBP/USA = [B]UP[/B]
GBP/AUD = [B]DOWN[/B]

Analyst say the EUR/USD & GBP/USA predictions are wrong and both will go down. They have been wrong for about a week. My luck they will be right today. Only time will tell the right and the wrong.

Johnny and the Magic Wand

WA wa wee woo give me a sign,
cause we’s a getten tired of the welfare line
Robert and Merlin they’re quite good blokes
Please show us the dough
So we’d like to be like Robert and be rich folks

Well it’s the half-way point for the daily predictor,
and the Pound and the Euro are still showing up bars will be the final candlesticker.
Robert and I are predicting a little boom
While the Anal-lists are all doom and gloom
At the close of the bell all will know
Who today is the best at this show

Johnny

well I see GU went up around 80pips and then dropped around 170 over night while I was asleep but looks like it’s near support now so…
So the question is, will it go up or down? And the answer is yes it will!

Ha!
Johnny’s a poet
Wouldn’t you know it!

Currently up 400pips on EU but only on a remaining 20% trade size. I guess I’ll hold until parity :slight_smile:

You’re a brave fella:eek:

That flag pattern keeps me sidelined for a long for the time being.

Nice move San… was that on the daily/ weekly TF? What current settings you using these days? :slight_smile:

Mike,

Good thing I still trade off the SRs and the 1H. It would seem the Daily is a bit more difficult to predict which is obvious. The indicator works great on the 1H and past Daily also showed promise as it has held true all week. The Daily did switch to a down marker right after the half-way point. Oh well it’s back to the drawing board.

Has anybody got a magic wand that works 100% of the time? Maybe San Miguel as I see he racked up a nice haul last night.

Happy Piping,

Johnny

I wen’t short GU this morning, currently a bit over 100pips to the good. About time I did something right :smiley:

It’s getting close to last week’s big low though so will it keep going and going like that rabbit with the battery… ?

1hr timeframe from Monday I think, just under 1.3ish.
EU is the only pair I watch intraday now.
TBH, I usually just look for a candle pattern with the bollingers and then 20,50,200 moving averages, close to your settings but not quite the same.

Other than that it’s daily TF for any other FX pairs as I believe that gives me the best overview when I don’t totally understand the fundamentals or the price action.
I’ve been looking to get back into EURAUD for a while now but it has very few retraces in its endless path down.

No, San Miguel is just leaving some of his trades open to run based on fundamental analysis that the euro has net shorts in it at the moment and is likely to fall further :slight_smile:
TBH so is the £ but I like to do that with some trades and see what they can give me in the long run. When I close 80% of my position for a profit, I’m much more inclined to forget about a small portion of it running so I check it once a day to see what kind of position the remainder is in.
However, it’s not often in a FX pair that you don;t get big retraces along the way. I think we just been spoilt for choice with trending FX pairs in the last few months.

I have been trading this week during the Asian session with very good results.

A few things I have realized that’s helping me is the ranging tendency of the Asian session and the increased volume at London open. In particular situations my MM allows me to average down and wait for a position to come back to me. The major pairs have enough of a whip leading up to London open that I can usually save a bad trade if I am watching.

I have found this idea of waiting for a trade to come back to me [B]does not work[/B] once the big boys start to drive the market in a direction. Nearly every time I have tried to trade this way during London and London New york overlap I have lost.

Any suggestions to take advantage of all that movement every morning would be great. I am looking at eyes on trading a break out strat during that time of day.

The crack pot, crystal ball, sweat lodge next candle color indicator would be great for this on a 1 hr chart. In truth I have gotten pretty good at predicting the next color certain times of day based on the last few hours direction. Just knowing (guessing) the next candle color still leaves plenty of opportunities to screw up a good trade if you get the magnitude wrong.

Here are a few E/U trades from tonight not strictly in my rules (I call them guidelines). If I was sticking tight to the “rules” all e/u trades would be long tonight. You can see my set ups outside the MA channel 20:2 BB is kind of moving S/R. Entry and exit is by the seat of my pants just trying to make a buck. Thats a 5min chart to show the trades, I spend most of my time looking at the 15min chart.

Edit >> I just took one more short for 5 more pips that puts me at 20 pips tonight after 4 winning trades. 20 pips is not very much but it adds up if it happens most nights;).

I really wanted fxcm to be my broker, but apparently their feed differs by over 50 pips…

Not true you ask?

Someone took video evidence versus two other broker feeds.

I wanted to mention it here, because a few of you use Fxcm, and I wanted to know if anything, at all, ever happened like this to you guys?

Its verus MBT and Oanda.

Still looking for a non-Us broker who allows Us Citizens. Give a shout out.

Red

RCarter, i think you were right in telling me to switch to the regular candles instead of the HA(s).

I had the impression that you were also hedging the 5m on a 15m tf trade.

I see you did that for only 22 pips, just one day?

Then a switch to 4h and hedging on the 1hr.

What are/is/be helpful indicators to suggest a retrace is a shorty? The only one I know is the bollinger bands (ie:15m up and 5m up and then a retrace starts on the 5m down, probably not expecting it to go beyond the middle bollinger band).

I think/feel something is missing in my retracing…Need more help/clues on length of retrace, when to enter…

Got more suggestions?

Thanks again for your replies, it most certainly is strengthening my trading education/skills.

One day BEYOND DEMO! Muahahahaha…

if i can find a legit broker.

Red