Books about trading

Hello everyone!
It’s been while that I’ve been scrolling through BP and trying to learn. I faced with some topics in which people talked about the books they read. Since I’m a fan of books, I though to create a topic specifically for introducing useful books that amateur can read and learn.
So, what you got? what books do you guys suggest?

Since the beginning of the Babypips forum, requests for book recommendations have come up frequently. Use the SEARCH feature in the upper right-hand corner of this page (and every page) to look for the many posts that have appeared here over the years. (Use the search words book recommendations.)

Here is one post (of many) dealing with book recommendations… This post is old, dating back to 2009. But, most good trading advice is timeless, so don’t disregard these titles, just because they’re twenty or thirty years old.

Here’s an even older thread that’s well worth your time to read: Pipcrawler's Favorite Trading Books updated

1 Like

Personally, I don’t read any book because I think book will just increase your theoretical knowledge but Forex wants practical knowledge. I watch videos and practice on demo account.

1 Like

That’s a great point! Remember to be street-smart as well as book-smart in your trading journey.

Actually, I can’t name any particular book as I don’t read books. But you can visit forums on a regular basis and watch videos on youtube to flourish your knowledge.

1 Like

If you’re new to forex trading and looking for a good place to start, I highly recommend checking out ‘Forex Trading: The Basics Explained in Simple Terms’ by Jim Brown, and ‘The Little Book of Currency Trading’ by Kathy Lien. These books offer a comprehensive introduction to forex trading, covering essential topics such as market analysis, risk management, and trading psychology. They are written in clear, accessible language and provide a great foundation for anyone looking to start their journey in forex trading.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this book with us though I don’t actually read any book except for watching videos youtube. I will try to go through it.

1 Like

I highly recommend “Trading in the Zone: Master the Market with Confidence, Discipline and a Winning Attitude” by Mark Douglas. This book delves into the psychological aspects of trading and can be a game-changer for anyone looking to improve their trading mindset and approach. Give it a chance, and you might find it to be a valuable resource that can change your trading life.

1 Like

I think watching videos on YouTube will be more effective than reading books because videos will give you some sort of practical knowledge.

I just started reading ‘The Little Book of Currency Trading’ by Kathy Lien and I must say, it’s a great introduction to the world of forex trading. Lien does an excellent job of breaking down complex topics into easy-to-understand concepts, making it accessible for new traders. She covers everything from the basics of forex trading to advanced trading strategies, including technical and fundamental analysis. I particularly appreciate her emphasis on risk management and the importance of having a trading plan. Overall, it’s a great read for anyone interested in forex trading, regardless of their level of experience.

2 Likes

I don’t feel that much interest in reading books rather I enjoy watching video tutorials because I can learn trading by watching videos in the quickest possible way.

Exactly! It can be a game-changer…

1 Like

My pleasure!

Thanks mate! I truly appreciate that.

Well, I agree that having practical experience in Forex is something that cannot be denied, but I guess both practical and theorical experience are important. Personally believe that one should learn theories and use them in action.

I couldn’t agree more! Having a good understanding of technical analysis, risk management, and other key trading concepts is important, but ultimately it’s the ability to apply that knowledge in real-world situations that separates successful traders from the rest.

Thank you for sharing. Actually it’s better to read books that are experience based and are written in clear and accessible language as you said.

2 Likes

Firstly, thanks for sharing. Second definitely I will give it a chance. But have tou read that book yourself? On the scale of 1 - 10 how much practical it is?

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that btw!

My pleasure!

1 Like