Books to read for beginner

Hi, can anyone recommend any books I should read? For a complete beginner very keen to start.
Is there a book out there that is a kind of walk-thru guide and what to look out for etc…

Cheers
Mike

Back on April 30, when you joined this forum, you asked where a beginner could find information for getting started.

At that time, it was suggested that you go through the Babypips Schoola couple of times.

Did you do that?

If you haven’t taken advantage of the free education offered to you in the Babypips School, then book recommendations won’t do you much good.

But, if you have completed the School, and if you now have a basic grasp of the material presented there, then you are ready to start reading books about the forex market, about specific trading strategies, about successful traders, and so forth. And you will probably enjoy the books listed below:

Start HERE

Then, if you use the SEARCH feature on this website, you will find dozens of threads, just like this one, where people have asked and answered this question about books.

To use the SEARCH feature, click on the MAGNIFYING GLASS icon in the upper right corner of this page (or any page on the Babypips website). Then type BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS in the dialog box, and a long list of forum threads on this topic will come up.

I’ll get you started.

Just click this LINK. This is just the first of 10 pages of threads on the subject of book recommendations.

6 Likes

Good to see that new members are kin to start learning. However, there are many books so can’t actually mention one or few names. However, try to cover the lessons of Babypips forum. It will definitely help you.

As others have said, the Babypips School is the best place.
Then for mindset try “Trading In The Zone”

1 Like

I have no idea about this book; let me try! Surely, I’ll update you when it will be done.

According to uppers comment; yes BabyPips School is the best Then you can try ‘Price Action Breakdown By Laurentiu Damir’.

As a beginner school of pipsology is the best place to start learning with.and don’t forget to keep track of all the economic news which are likely to impact the forex.

The best bar none for Trading MIndset!

Trading in the zone is one I have just finished and recommend. I wish I had read it earlier, however, I feel it will be even more useful to me now that I have a trading strategy that I know well.

Well, I think Price Action doesn’t mean only bar or pattern based trading, it’s the whole chart reading.

Hope it goes well for you!

Books plays a very important role in human life. You can get knowledge from the books related to the forex trading. These books are written by the expertise you should have to read these books and learn from it about the mistakes which is to be avoided in the future. Thanks

Clint has linked you to a number of great resources, I recommend going through his links in detail! :smiley:

Many successful traders wrote many books on trading. If you have a fond of studying than you should have to read them all. They will help you to understand about to do in the market and what the market really is. In these books you also learn about what to do when you suffers from a loss. Thanks

I just started Trading Beyond the Matrix, by Van Tharp. 11 traders, plus the author, discuss how/why their trading “transformation” took place.

Only a couple chapters in, but so far so good!