Broker in South Africa

Nice to see this thread getting some “legs”.

You’ll all be pleased to know that VERY shortly (and I mean within a week or so): Deltastock’s South African Office will become “autonomous” (as opposed to the “operation” here simply being an “offshore satellite office” for want of a better description). So forget about all the others!!! LOL!!! Of COURSE: we’ll (I’ll) be “pushing” CFDs but hey, and if we (I) can help with FOREX, we’ll (I’ll) do my best.

Regards,

Dale.

thats a relief, i was about to say upon visiting the deltastock website the office is in Bulgaria, now more than half the worlds population have no idea where that is, so for a sensible soul why would one invest in a non mother tongue english country, also risks with withdrawal and regualtion, i see that are regulated but how much capital is insured. I was going to send them my list of questions. Looking forward to your new office Dale and all that comes with it, you may have my interest in the months ahead. Could you do something about a leaderboard. Countries like the UK cannot for privacy or whatever reasons show the performance of other traders, compare Alpari UK with Alpari NZ and you see the pamm advertising on the front page. I think social trading is the key to expansion. traders want to see, learn, compare and then either invest or have others invest / follow them. Also see fxcopy, albeit free hence the reason i stay away, but its a great product.

Yes pepperstone is awesome (answer to previous post) the best spreads or atleast top 5 in the world. they are newcomers but they have a massive income so by now i recon they are safe. Alot of good reasons to trade with Aussie brokers. They have MAM too. But lets keep this discussion to RSA brokers. They need us to improve their game, its a win win situation. If we stay abroad they have no clients and hence will not be able to compete with spreads.

There is also the big Q about tax. For me by having an offshore account with a foreign broker works like a charm. So how does an SA broker improve on that deal. I could perhaps fund from offshore and deposit into trading account, but would i have to pay tax on the withdrawals. Anyone have an idea?

Currently i am trying to analyse all the top brokers app 30, and comparing all possible attributes, here is the current sheet… your welcome. And Dale if you could send me more info asap as you will see Delta is on the list but a newcomer. Lets get some pips… ps the doc would not upload, visit forextu.com and you’ll find it bottom right broker comparison

Hello.

A QUICK post (as if that’s at all possible for me) i.e. just busy with a lot of other (new) stuff.

Deltastock cannot REALLY be considered a “newcomer” i.e. “mother broker” (Deltastock AD in Bulgaria) has been in business since 1998. Deltastock’s “South African Office” opened on 1 June 2012. Now Deltastock SA (Deltastock South Africa CC trading as Deltastock SA) has “kicked in” (after being formed in 2011 for this very, future at the time, purpose and being dormant until now) and is operational (a simple “follow on” from the “South African Office” as noted). Newcomer or no (and don’t forget that “yours truly” has been around for an ABSOLUTE AGE)??? LOL!!! Alright: it “opens a lot of (more???) doors” to South Africans (and others) and I guess those are the details that you’re looking for. I’ll get there. Just bear with me for a few days.

Taxation in South Africa (always a delightful subject):

Take a look at this thread here: Technical Trading Systems at TechTraderCentral - Taxation in South Africa on Trading Profits and “all is revealed”.

(Ignore the “you need to pay up to join” bits i.e. that’s being done away with too as I “speak”).

Chat soon.

Regards,

Dale.

Hi Jaypipin,

We agree, social trading is the key to expansion.

To check out our social trading network click here.

* Connect with traders around the world

* Share your trades with other community members

* Analyse your performance with insightful charts and graphs

* Add leading traders to your portfolio and AutoCopy their trades

Alex

Alexander Chadwick
Alpari (UK) Representative

Dale thanks a million for the insight. We are a forex trading and training company based in Ghana. We have decided to open new offices in Nigeria and South Africa. The issue of the right choice of broker in SA came up, and your insight on the matter is really commendable. I hope to meet you someday to share one or two thoughts. Fred. Doxa Capita Ltd

Good morning.

It’s nice to hear from you (competition is always healthy let’s face it)!!! LOL!!!

You have my contact details (if you don’t: you don’t have to look very far i.e. deltastock.co.za)!!!

I’d be only too pleased to sit down, have a couple of drinks, and a good 'ol chat about “the biz”.

We’re also (shortly) going to be offering some investment products here which may interest you.

Be warned though: I doing my level best to make sure that no “bucketshops” “open up shop” here!!! The South African Public have had their fair share of FOREX scams and bullsh*t!!! (I’m not by ANY means saying that you fall into this category but just saying is all). Capiche??? LOL!!!

Keep in touch.

Regards,

Dale.

why is Alpari’s rep allowed to spam threads like this with marketing that doesn’t even address the threads subject???!?

~~ on topic:: I’ve heard a few good things about ACMGold out in SA. Apparently they even send out birthday cakes to their members and have a lot of local offices around Africa.

Hello.

Ahhh… Don’t worry about it (Alpari). Competition is healthy (so I don’t bother to report posts such as those but I can tell you that there’s more than one broker and broker representative around here that’s got a “hard on” for the like of me and Deltastock and just WATCH THIS post get reported)!!! LOL!!!

Oh and sorry: we don’t do the “birthday cake” thing (but then again I guess it could be arranged for South Africans subject, of course, to a the opening of a live trading account with a DECENT amount of capital)??? LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.