Broker leverage

im back testing and im finding i keep getting stopped out with 10 pip SL. the market continues in my direction that I prediticed but its always a small pull back which then disrupts my trade and causes me to lose

or if Im about to hit TP It pullsback and hits SL

EDIT

I changed my sl to 20 pips reduces my lot size to 0.2 though from 0.6 which I’m happy to if it gaurentees more wins

Hi @tomo22, the different between them are:

• breakout is obvious when the price break a support or resistance.
  • pullback is when you open a position after breakout.
  • reversal is the most dangerous one, you predict price about to reverse.

You need skill to have tight SL. For beginner, it’s difficult. You have to identify strong SnR to have a good SL. If you are comfortable with 20 pips, just practice with it.
Learn Price Action to understand market is the key.

1 Like

right. What entry tatitics do you use to enter a trade or know when to enter a trade. I currently mainly use SnR but I think I lack other elements giving me a better chance to enter a better trade

thank you for your breakout,pullback and reversal definitions ;D

@TYGMedia

1 Like

@TYGMedia thoughts on these snr?

It’s not quite as simple as that, unfortunately, Tomo.

It’s easy to do things that guarantee more wins, and/or it’s easy to do different things that guarantee a higher “R” (reward-to-risk ratio) but neither in itself guarantees more overall profit. What matters is the relationship between the two (“R” and win-rate) and winning more, overall, from your winners than you lose, overall, from your losers.

Please don’t imagine, though, that I have a different opinion from @TYGMedia - I don’t, at all! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @tomo22,

I can’t help you by looking at this chart. You need to tell me the instrument and timeframe.

I never use 1 TF to identify SnR. :slight_smile:

You choose what you want. They provide you with options. Go with 1:30 under FCA or trade 1:500 with their offshore branch. They do their best to give you plenty of choices, it doesn’t they want to deceive you

sorry ill use a better image. Here 4hr time frame EUR/USD

I have a feeling @TYGMedia that these arent very good support and resistance zones. I found that sometimes there would be common breakouts and I would get stopped out leading to losses.

okay that makes more sense so priortize higher equity (wins - losses) over WW.

Hi @tomo22, first at all you need to find market structure. :slightly_smiling_face:

As you are not a long term trading, you look only for few pips (less then 50), you can only look at short distance. No need to look for past SnR too far. from D1 we have these structure:

It tells us market is going up. It’s under correction. When correction is happen, the next thing will up. The problem is where is the reversal point.
From the chart we can see external support. This support when it gets broken, market will be going down. We can also identify an area of support that was a resistance before. We identify it as internal support.
Please be careful … the external / internal supports are only valid at this moment. When a new structure is formed, everything will need to be reset.

We need detail. Detail means we move our time frame down.
For now, we can just move to H4. On this TF we luckily can see many structures already.
For beginner, you can identify breakout at the top as a entry point.
You have to find out the statistic behind this strategy. No one can tell or help you here.
You can have target at internal support 4H or D1, base on your trading rule.

This is the basic. Of course, when you want to have better position, your analysis won’t stop here. You need to breakdown more to lower TF. And looking for the best strategic area to enter.

Let say market breaks intu Internal support D1, what you need to do is monitoring the movement around the area. Waiting for reversal to start a long position.
Please learn how to identify reversal with Price Action. :slight_smile:

hmmm … don’t be to stressed, enjoy the beautiful Lamington bellow. They’re looked so yummy :smile:

1 Like

Will it be safe for a person to go with unregulated broker?

im confused in the first image wasnt D1 external support why in the second image is it internal support shouldn’t it still be external @TYGMedia

thank you for the rest it helps a lot. When you say we need to reset SnR when market structure resets is that true? i thought that the market revisits previous SnR so why remove them and forget about them?

also isn’t SnR only valid when three tocuhes are made yours have 2 or less than 2. Im just curious no targeting or anything.

thank you for the help

Hi @tomo22, On D1 chart, we are looking for market structure.

Market structure means strong support and resistance base according to current price.
We obviously can see 1.07781 from latest correction. Price then broke 1.09438 as its past resistance. So the past resistance wont be valid anymore. We have to find new resistance to current trend. And finally it happened at 1.11993. So we have new structure, a set of SnR, 1.07781 to 1.11993. They are our current structure.

Remember the previous resistance was 1.09438. We don’t know yet its strength to current structure. So we need to pay attention to this price level. It becomes internal support, level we need to consider. When we move to lower timeframe, we can see there are many other minor SnR. You need to observe their behavior as well.

Yes we reset them, because we don’t need them yet. We focus only to current structure. If they happen to be close to current market price, we can start to consider them if necessary. By removing old SnR will reduce noise in our analysis. This is the point.

SnR doesn’t always need to be 3 or 2 hit. Market is so dynamic. You have to train your eyes on how market moves. A lot of trading theory can’t be used during live trading :smiley:

ohhh that makes alot of sense and is very clear. So when we break market structure then the old SnR is no longer needed as it is not valid and apart of the new market structure

@TYGMedia hi, im trying to implement this new knowledge now.

tried to have a go. Here, the yellow horizontal lines represent strong SnR at daily. The blue boxes represent SnR at a 4hr level. I took this trade putting my SL above the internal structure (resistance 4hr) and profit at a 1.5 RR which was also near the support zone of the internal structure.

Let me know your thoughts and feedback for this trade / setup thank you for helping me understand SnR at a better level

feel like im really understanding this. SnR is more of a reaction to price and watching how price reacts to certain levels. I can see how it doesn’t really matter if 3 or 2 touches are created its all about the reaction to price… Heres some internal structure finding SnR

Hi @tomo22, temporarily, you can say so. But when price is getting closer, you still need to consider the SnR.

You still need to find out the market structure first, the play ground of current price movement. You are correct with the yellow line. About the internal, it’s not necessary to draw SnR from a “too far” price movement.

This is what price action truly means. It’s fast, we anticipate the movement and try to find strategy to fit the movement. Always pay attention when price is getting closer to an SnR, and waiting for its reaction. :slightly_smiling_face:

oh okay so even if there is a breakout and price gets near it then you still consider it as a possible SnR. How do you know that SnR zone may be used as resistance/support. why doesn’t it just breakout like it did before.

Really I thought I was wrong about the yellow and correct about the internal haha. Where would you place your internal SnR zone then for the first part?

@TYGMedia thank you again