BumaSoft's Market Model

Some sweet revenge on the USDCAD, close to 1:3 on this long, veeeery slowly moving.

Good job! Take your time :slight_smile:

Nice trade, TL. I was looking to get in long on this pair also, missed my entry by a little more than 2 pips.

OK, interesting situation here on Cable.

My top brown box is the energy zone from the gap. The gap has been filled and there was an initial reaction to the downside.

Price currently struggling to break upwards through it - has bounced off the bottom numerous times - look at those wicks.

However, price has now passed above the 50% level of this energy zone, so do we consider it “dead” ??

Hi,

The actual origin of the GAP is more within the red area I marked. Your chart doesn’t scroll much, I suggest either using a bigger screen or scroll a little to the left to see if you see anything else. However, what you marked there is also a good level, this is a case of “bricks upon bricks”. I am spreading out my short position into multiple entries (took a couple a bunch of hours ago) to limit my risk, as I’m not very sure about the area where it might reverse. As I’m writing this post, things don’t look too rosy, so unless I see some fresh hints that price wants to bounce back down, I won’t continue adding to the trade. Hope that helps.

Update: got out for a loss. Tough NFP week :slight_smile:

I am giving USDCHF long a shot. Decent H4 level, nice run down to it, but the level already had one test. Entry taken while price was inside the level (tight limit):

However, looking at D1, there’s a good chance I’ll get stopped out and price tests the green daily area just below my stop. Nothing to do here but either be patient and wait for price to get into the D1 area before going into longs, or giving both these a shot. Considering the magnitude of the drop, I would be expecting at least some kind of bounce before we get to that D1 demand area (we are also just below round number 0.9100).

Sorry, forgot to answer your question. While it was still inside the level and not above it yet, the level isn’t dead. You can still take a tight limit entry (entry inside the area). But once, after going 50% or more inside, it goes back below it, then yes, you consider it dead and do not take another entry if it goes inside it AGAIN. So if you are already in the entry, you stick with it. Hope that clears it up a bit?

Aweful quiet in here… Left on a breakout trade last night on EURJPY. 90 pip target was hit sometime during my sleep :slight_smile:

As for my USDCHF long, it is very slow, so I moved my stop loss to break-even:

There are two main reasons for posting some of my trades here:

a) to give you some examples as to how I use the market model in my own trading;
b) to teach you that losing trades are part of the overall picture - DO NOT trust people who only post winning trades or don’t use a stop loss, because they are either not honest, just demo trading or dangerously close to a margin call :slight_smile:

I will get on to more teaching soon, we will talk about properly trading these breakouts. In strong trends, you don’t get much opportunities to trade the retracements, because price fails to retrace back to strong areas. That’s when breakout trading comes in handy.

As I was saying a week ago, EURUSD has the potential of reaching 1.3880 based on the weekly chart. Today, it’s very close to that target. I am expecting some retracement between 1.3800 - 1.3870 (based on H4) and a bigger retracement (if the H4 doesn’t completely turn it) from 1.4130-1.4240 (based on the Daily) :slight_smile:

Hey guys i’d just like to say thanks to TopLessons for this thread. I have been lurking for a while now and really like the simplicity of the trading and idea of supply and demand, which is ofcorse what the market is about!

I mainly trade midterm highs and lows using fibonacci with support + resistance using ICT teachings but am looking to broaden my trading skills.

Will join in the discussion some time next week :slight_smile:

Here is a trade I am currently managing on the GBPUSD. Initial stop loss was 13 pips, moved it to b/e when I was +22 pips in profit, took a third off at +22, another third at +35 and leaving the last part for a +70 pip profit target. Right now, I am not that sure it will get there, but it’s a free trade.

Update: Target hit and done for today.

The Dow Jones has been on a nice bull run at 14,000 and made a midterm high reversing at a big figure. Choosing the method where you include the wicks in the consolidated areas. Profit target happens to have confluence with the 50% retracement level. If TP is hit i am looking to enter a long in the blue demand box.

Please say if this looks correct, and sorry i will also be posting currencies :).

Here is what I see:

A lot of time was spent inside the red area you marked, so the time-wise absorption factor isn’t good. This doesn’t make it a perfect level. However, the move coming out of the area is strong, so there’s certainly some supply left in there before price gets back to it. There is a demand area right below the level, when price got back to it, which is more often than not a very bad sign: a sign that demand is greater than the supply. In other words, the “fresh obstacles” factor I was talking about on the thread when discussing the measurement factors isn’t pretty good either. Right now, based on just this chart, without knowing what’s going on on the higher timeframes, I would say your bias should be to the long side, not the shorts… How did your trade go? Let me know if this is clear or you have any questions.

Thanks

Hey TopLessons thanks for the reply, i took profit at your demand area which was 25 pips profit, which is at 13950 :slight_smile: However its now down to 13925 so its just entered the blue box that i marked up :stuck_out_tongue:

Seems the trade worked out for me, but it seems i still have a lot to learn!

Edit: BTW I did say i know we are long term bullish and that it was a counter-trend trade to get into a long setup.

That’s cool. In cases like this, you might want to take half off at the first obstacle, move your stop to b/e, then go for your final target (blue box in this case).

Trade of the day, +50 pips on a EURJPY buy scalp:

Hi guys!!

Thanks for continuing to post.

I started a new job on Monday and haven’t been able to even think about trading I’m afraid…

Will try to review what’s been posted here and get involved again…

Hi, Rob. No problem, I hope you like your new job. Take your time and don’t rush into trades when you get a free window off from work! I used to have that problem when I was working. Try to plan your trades using the best levels at night, after you are done with work. Use limit orders, set and forget. That’s the way to go if you have a day job :).

Just a quick one to say a huge thanks for this thread. Currently focusing on pure Price action on the daily charts with some decent success and will continue with this, however I am being more and more drawn into the S/D approach and there are some superb resources out there to learn from including this thread. I know that taking pin bars at good S/R level for example is already using S/D, but looking at these pockets of accumulation/distribution and seeing the resulting parabolic move/using that level to enter on the retest is a very different way of looking at things.

The most interesting thing is that all advocates of S/D are consistent in their strategy which is a huge indicator that looking at markets in this way is the ‘correct’ approach and it is also incredibly logical.

I am just in observer/learning/thinking mode at the moment but will definitely be pursuing this more and more. I also am very much into my buddhism and so like your analogies :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

Andy