Can any experienced traders please review my plan to learn FX

It’s outstanding, and very strongly recommended.

It’s just a new, slightly updated version of one of the longest-established, classic, authority textbooks in trading (“Trading For A Living” by the same author, who’s a retired psychiatrist and has been a very successful trader for decades.)

Sometimes it’s better to get book recommendations from people who have actually read the book you’re asking about. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

i didnt recomend it or said its bad. i said “i dont know, i havent read it”. and just because you think its good it doesnt mean it truly is good or helpful. and just because i dont think its good it doesnt mean it isnt good or usefull :wink: but as i said: i dont know, i havent read it.

some people aswell think online training is awesome or bp school is great. but it isnt.

most people read books with tiles like “trade for a living” and such style titles, and easily 99% of those readers are broke and far away from beeing profitable.

I’m sure we’re all glad about that, WestBam: the entertainment value is matched only by your modesty.

Rather surprising, to see you contributing here, given your often stated opinion of the forum.

I’ll replace your two links, anyway, in case anyone’s curious about what you were recommending -

West Bam’s first link

And her second link.

1 Like

i aswell have good mood and generous days. sometimes. rare. very rare- but they exist.

and its pretty obvious you are very curious about my words. or what is your reason that you have saved the links in first place? :wink:

It was really strange behavior from his side, lets newbie traders can benefit from his attempts to bring up valuable replies first :slight_smile:

Once again, thanks for the replies; I’ve taken them into consideration. I’ve decided to go ahead with finishing “The New Trading For A Living,” as I also saw @TradeViper comment on it, who seems to be reputable.

Not too keen on the drama, taking jabs at people doesn’t resolve any issues. I’d like to think that in an educational site, constructive criticism and correcting misinformation is more valuable than petty arguments when forming replies. If you don’t like someone’s subjective opinion or personality, just ignore them. Especially since cognitive dissonance makes changing people very hard, unless their mindset is open to new perspectives. Changing a person’s stance also relies on the critic making the person question their thought process, instead of directly attacking their stance. Anyway whatever, I’m just dragging on. Thanks again.

I didn’t.

They’re still there, in the pre-edit copy of your post.

The old saying of only trade money you can afford to lose,

Best advise ever, When it’s small amounts of money, it’s much easier to control you emotions,

Controlled decisions are better decisions,

If you are ready to go to the next level find a sensible priced 1 on 1 coach,

You will gain far more from spending money on tuition than from losing endless trades.

1 Like

What if the leverage is 1:300 ?

For Leverage 1:300
Try not to utilise 4.123456789% margin.

thats a really good advice!

I’ve considered a coach, however I can’t seem to find any that I deem credible. Most don’t show their track record or earnings. I like to make informed decisions rather than place blind faith on coaches; especially in an area like trading where empty promises are practically around every corner. If you can point me to any credible coaches, then I’d love to have a go at 1-1 tuition. I’ve thought about trying forexsignals.com though.

For now I’ll stick to books and trail and error in demo trading. I’m pretty sensible when it comes to money management, so I think I’ll be fine on that regard while live trading. However I wont just skip past the topic without thoroughly learning about it.

Wow, I wish I had this kind of plan in my head at 19 :slight_smile: I wish you all the best - your plan looks solid. My only advise would be to also work on your psychology - that is learn how to trade like a robot without emotions. Not easy to do but can be done with experience.

You must be a comedian and anchor the Daily show. If I lost some pips and read your posts after words, then no psychology book could match your content. Very blunt, and truthful. 1 pip is 1 pip, that’s just how it is.

1 Like