Can I get an advice on older systems posted here?

Hello.

Something I’ve noticed about this section is the fact that the top rated systems of all time have been opened up to ten years ago. They have thousands of replies, adjustements to the initial rules and settings, and are generally difficult to follow - for me, at least - because of the lack of an updated summary about them.

I’ve recently opened a demo account and I’m trying out this system, which was also tested by Robopips years ago. I liked the simplicity of the system and the results it seemed to give.

I’ve been trying it out for way too little time for me to judge. However, I have been reading through more of the original post and I’ve realized the author made a lot of changes about it. He added another indicator, the RVI, then ditched the MACD for the ADX, and generally the system kept changing. As systems are supposed to, I get that.

I guess what I’m looking for right now is the opinion of someone in 2018 about the system. I’ll list the rules below:

1h charts.
EMA 10 and 5.
RSI 10 applied to median price.
MACD 5, 9, 4, applied to median price.

Enter on a cross of the EMAs, and if RSI crosses the 50% level in confluence with MACD.

The main problem I’m seeing is that pretty much all EMA crosses are in line with a RSI cross of the 50%. I did not realize that before testing it for myself. So, what’s the point? It doesn’t really seem like a filter.