Can I succeed in forex without a Mentor?

Exprience is the best teacher man i don’t think any mentor would be able to help much, just start and see how you will learn things yourself with the passage of time and expereince.

all the best!

3 Likes

Forex Mentor of course needed to make sure a knowledgeable and healthy trading life with certainly, but some Mentor demands high and some are found to be scams. so right now its a complicated issue.

I don’t think that mentors are really that important. Learned everything by myself!

4 Likes

Teaching yourself how to trade is the key to be profitable because you will be so ego to read an learn everything that need to be learned about trading. A lazy trader will always look for short cuts and they eventually look for mentor’s. You don’t need to go too school to know about trading the internet is there you just need to do your research an keep on reading

3 Likes

I learned how to trade from my mentor, and is also extremely motivating and helps me to keep going. So, it depends on the mentor

In fact, newbie trader needs moslty not a mentor, but a community to be able to speak to someone in general. It happens that most of the professional traders are less likely to become mentors because they dedicate all their time exclusively to earining money in trading. If the mentor is an average trader or a losing trader who decided to earn money through mentorship since he is unable to trade profitably, it would be better to trade without mentor at all rather than with such mentor. Sometimes it would be better to join or even to create a community of traders to share the experience and discuss trading ideas. According to the research published a few years ago, a group of non-professionals could act more effectively than single professional just because they have various positions relating to the same situation. For example, college investment clubs sometimes beat in efficiency experienced fund managers from Wall Street just because they analyse the same thing form different points instead of having one bias.
So, if you have no an experienced mentor who is a successful trader, you can join various trading communities and work together with other traders.

no way to deny the importance of trading experience. but to gain more knowledge and experience we the traders need pass a long time with great patience.

It is true mentors are very helpful for learning purpose , once you learn about trading rest of the success depends on your own efforts, You can not depend on mentors all the life . Be practical to do things yourself. Good mentor sharps your trading skills. then trader can go ahead easily on right path.

The desire part is in everyone. But at different levels. If it’s the case that you have immense desire to really make it happen, as in, you’re one of those go-getters, then your efforts in working the mechanisms to make it work need to match that level of desire

I relax and try to imagine what a new mentor would tell me after looking at my trades and charts.

“What are you doing buying when risk plunges?”
“Oh good, you decreased the size of your positions.”
“If in doubt, especially right now is so volatile, just sit back and wait for clearer setups”
“Dude, you need more capital, come on.”

Yes. If you believe in yourself and you’re really interested to learn. Good luck!

Who says forex is generational wealth?

You can absolutely succeed without a mentor, it’s just a question of how motivated you are.
It takes a lot of studying, a lot of patience and a fair amount of getting outside your comfort zone.
Try to treat initial experiences as chances to learn instead of failures.

And again - STUDY! never think that you know and have seen it all, because you haven’t!

Yes, absolutely and you will.
Just keep learning and dont let the spirit die.

1 Like

And patience is one of the most important aspect of forex trading

1 Like

I don’t agree patience is an important aspect.

You said patience is ONE of the most important aspects. Meaning there are others too. Out if interest, what are they?

No one will show you how to go (except for a father who will pass the job on to his children). market is the teacher who taught me the wrong and then corrected it

Starting with a mentor is not a bad option; but the problem is; good mentors are very rare to find out!

So, they’re are basically self-help books in trader form?

patience and discipline