Can I succeed in forex without a Mentor?

I don’t agree patience is an important aspect.

You said patience is ONE of the most important aspects. Meaning there are others too. Out if interest, what are they?

No one will show you how to go (except for a father who will pass the job on to his children). market is the teacher who taught me the wrong and then corrected it

Starting with a mentor is not a bad option; but the problem is; good mentors are very rare to find out!

So, they’re are basically self-help books in trader form?

patience and discipline

Well said; practice is the best parameter for the newbie!

2 Likes

Yeah I’ll agree with discipline but not patience. It’s not required.

i’ve been needing to be patient a lot LOL so why do you say that?

I think you only need discipline. Patience in trading doesnt make sense to me. You have a strategy or rules and you just need to follow it. Bit like when you drive a car at a traffic light. You just need to stay disciplined to follow the the law. You dont need patience to wait for the light to change green. Just follow the rules. Patience never crosses my mind in trading. It’s one less thing to worry about if you think of it like that.

1 Like

I see what you mean. I feel like patience is important to me because I tend to have to wait for trades to come to me, like waiting for a certain setup,at least that’s how I trade, it goes along with my trading plan

2 Likes

As long as it makes sense to you, that’s all that matters.

2 Likes

Thanks man.
This made a lot of sense

You can succeed 100 percent. It’s all about hard work and perseverance. Never never relent in your efforts. Continue and you will laugh last.

God bless.

1 Like

You’re welcome.

Search also for “market structure trading” on YouTube. Some people are under the impression that Price Action entails analyzing candle sticks and that is not the case.

Mentor is not a guarantee. You can trade yourself, work out your own strategy, see whether it works and keep trading.

I agree with this one because they can help you if you’re really having a hard time understanding the concepts. I’ve been seeing posts in different social media claiming to be a “mentor” when obviously they’re just there to scam people.

If someone is used to learn things and is a self educational person- of course, no doubt.

I know many traders who are still trading to this day and have learned how to trade on their own. It’s like any skill, you can learn it on your own or you can choose to have someone teach you for a fee. Either way, both are possible!:blush:

1 Like

Viewing it from another perspective, we are all mentors and mentees on babypips

True; it’s not an easy option to manage a mentor throughout the online!