Can someone tell me why this trend reverted exactly on my position candle!?!

Hiya @SystemX

It is a great technique. Thnx. Are the Nial Fuller and Steve Nison have books or its best to read their website? their website are paid service, but are their books available for download?

Thnx

Hiya,

could you explain above, more? do you have any book or reference to study for this? How can I understand this technique you are talking about?

Thnx

Hiya,

Thnx for detailed answer!

"How did you arrive at this percentage calculation? " for each element in my strategy I give a percentage, Its approximate calculations of my strategy factors to enter a trade. But I was wrong, I need to improve and add something to prevent this condition in future, but bow? Maybe adding an indicator? or candlestick pattern check in different time-frame? what time-frame shall I check?

“Were you risking more than 2% of your account on this trade?” I think 2% rule can prevent me from becoming a millionaire.

I lost 4K+ GBP approximately.

What shall I do to prevent this?

Thnx

hiya,

its so nice advise.

thnx

hiya,

thnx for advise.

thnx

hiya,

thnx for advise

thnx

hiya,

" the daily trend (based on 20 sma) was bullish ( though momentum was bearish based on daily stochastic)" do you put SMA(20) and see its bullish in 1D time-frame? How do you read momentum in stoch as bearish? could you send me a picture here or in PM?

“daily trend” sorry, what exactly do you mean, 1D time-frame?

“the major factor i saw was that daily momentum based on stochastic was turning upward at the point when the 4hrs trend was being tested.” do you mean when I’m placing a position in 5M time-frame, shall I look 4H for momentum and bullish/bearish as well?

Thnx

hiya,

do you have any book about this?

“you seem to have an inverted hanging man candle, followed by a bullish engulfing pattern” correct! but its D1 time-frame, and I’m in 5M time-frame that I placed a position. Shall I look higher time-frames? which time-frame, when I’m doing trade in 5M?

" Most traders trade with trend such that if they are trading short" D1 is uptrent, sorry, why shall I trade short, why not long in D1? or what time-frame do you speaking about?

Do you mean when there is D1 uptrend, I shall not trade short in 5M time-frame? if not,what time-frame shall I look?

“trade on corrections and they enter closer to the average price” do you have a guide or reference or book to learn about this? its interesting.

“After a big move has occurred, and you a experienced trader, you tend to think that the farther you get away from average price, the more likely that things are going to correct” sorry, what is your criteria for average price?
“more likely that things are going to correct” do you mean trend get reversed?

"and now those trying to jump in after the move are providing the other side of their trade."
do you mean I shall wait for reversal sign then enter? but then I should be screen-slave for a month time to put a 50pip profit target trade. I like to take all possible positive opportunities that are 80% likely to lead to profit and increase my account size at the moment. I don’t know what to do.

Thnx

hiya,

I believe I answered everyone suggestions, if a concept remain unanswered, its my visual mistake, PM me to answer them immediately.

Thnx
:kissing_heart: Thnx for participating in my questions. you are all excellent and I wish you the best, success and happiness. :kissing_heart:

sorry I meant D1 and not 1D.
I love to see the candles as they form without any indicator on my candles but I also understand by experience that candle formation alone is not sufficient information to make trading decisions. Candle formation pointing to current market trend and momentum direction will always make you a consistently profitable trader that everyone desires to be. With this in mind you must understand that news reports of currencies actions and their pricing are done based on the daily chart reading. The implication of this is that any serious trader trading below the daily time frame must have an eye on events happening on the daily chart. and when you trade on a much lower time frame like I do (15 min) you must consider the time frames that are in between the time frame you trade with (at least 2 of such time frames in my opinion) and the daily time frame.
How you do this while still having your bare candle sticks formation in front of you is a decision of what approach is more comfortable with you as a trader for this checks. As for me I have customized them digitally so that i can see them at a glance on my 15 mins time frame per pair that I trade (this is because I monitor 15 currency pairs for trade setups) while still having my candle formation to consider.
I hope this is of any help.

1 Like

@campione, in order to risk 2% or less on your next trade, you need to focus on the following details of your account.

1. What is your account balance now? Calculate 2% of that amount.
  2. How many pips do you want to risk on your next trade? Select a trade size so that risking this number of pips equates to the amount you calculated above.

For example:

1. Suppose you have £10,000 in your account. 2% of that amount is £200. At the current GBP/USD of approximately 1.30, that equates to around $260 you can risk on your next EUR/USD trade.
  2. Suppose on your next trade, you want to risk 130 pips on EUR/USD. On a micro lot (1K Euros, or 0.01 volume) you are risking 10 cents per pip, so 130 pips would be $13. That means you could trade 20K EUR/USD or 0.20 volume.
1 Like
  1. How to identify major s/r levels:

A) The higher the time frame, the more significant the level. An s/r level on a lower frame may be insignificant on a higher frame but an s/r level on a higher frame is significant on a lower frame. If you identify a s/r level on a 4 hr chart that is also a s/r level on the daily/weekly chart, thats an indication of a strong level

B) If the current swing low/high is the highest/lowest price has been for some time, its a strong level and will show up on higher time frames. If there is a recent swing low/high that is higher/lower than the current swing low/high, the level isnt as strong.

C) Major s/r levels were probably also major s/r levels weeks/months/years ago

1. How to draw s/r levels:

A) I start on higher time frames, zoom out and begin by placing a horizontal line on the highest high and lowest low that may currently be in play.

B) Next, I move the crosshair up from the low or down from the high untill I find the next horizontal level that appears to be a good “fit” for my next s/r level. I look for horizontal levels with the following criteria: 1) levels where price tends to “gravitate” 2) levels that tend to act as support when price is above and act as resistance when price is below 3) levels that act as a base for a major breakout 4) levels that were approached by a major breakout without being violated by another high/low or a close above/below 5) support levels that become resistance and resistance levels that become support after a breakout thru the level 6) levels that are reached for or touched by long shadows

C) Move to a lower time frame and repeat the process above. I usually start with the weekly or daily then move down to the 4hr. I wont go any lower

D) When finished, open the time frame you execute on and clean up/ fine tune the levels.

Hope this can be of some benefit to you. Also, if you dont mind the suggestion…I highly recommend using higher time frames.

Best of luck to you.

2 Likes

Basically there is no fixed reason or fundamental base for technical reversal. For example the value of company shares or interest rates of banks etc. Most of the time it reversed because of the market condition which is decided whether it will go down or rise up to attract their buyers or to buy or sell. That’s why traders need to understand the market conditions clearly and select a credible broker to analyze the market perfectly.

1 Like

hiya @Jonathan_Makins

“… select a credible broker to analyze the market perfectly.” sorry I didn’t understand how broker can help me and prevent me from loss in such this condition? In my opinion, if you mean broker can send me daily analysis of market, If that stuff is trust-able and valuable, the broker should be millionaire so they don’t need to run a brokerage company. :sunglasses:

thnx

Sorry for the late reply. Been busy with work so never log in baby pips. For price action, u can google. The other thing is experience. I also don’t know how to fully explain to u. All this is base on the experience. For me is I’m using 10min chart. N see the previous candle. And take action from current candle. U hv to observe than u understand what I’m trying to say.

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t reply before. I think traders use various kinds of moving averages to look at average price. I don’t much like indicators usually, but emas are useful. I usually use the 20 ema. I was looking at the original picture you placed on June 22nd. It looked like you sold on an inverted hanging man candle. Right after that, there was a hammer candle. It didn’t show the time frame. In looking at your Daily chart pictures you posted on June 3rd, it looks like you were trading against the up trend at a recent support. Now, maybe you were really trading off the 5 minute chart, and you had a valid entry according to your plan. In that case, sometimes, we will all lose trades no matter what our trade plan is. As they say, it is part of the game. Well, I don’t know if I did any better at helping you. I am very big of risk to reward and planning for losses, since we all know they will occur. Sometimes, it has been a known thing that the market made a big move because some guy at a firm pressed the wrong button. I guess he was fired? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey buddy, that pattern is known as the “Puking Camel”, you never ever trade the “Puking Camel”. If you do, well, ummm, you know.

Hehehehehe just goofing off, but watch out for the low volume during the summer, the low volume in and of itself can alter what a pattern does, usually you end up with a lack of follow through.

The Never Puking VIPER

1 Like

First of all, please stop trading 5 min charts. Like trying to dry off under water. The wind blew, the direction changed, etc. You mentioned having difficulty identifying a trend? Well, a trend is stair-stepping, higher highs/ higher lows or lower highs and lower lows. But you seriously shouldn’t be on the 5 min charts. It’s just noise. You want to get some good advice? Check out Dale Woods on YouTube. Solid trader. New people need a mentor.

2 Likes

You entered the trade after a hammer, which signified a reversal in the market. Go get a video about Japanese candle stick.

I entered on the 4th bearish candle, before 4th candle closes. The small red triangle on the 4th candles wicks shows where I placed the sell market order. That time I placed the order, the candle isn’t closed thus price jumping up and down until candle closes price. Are you sure you are seeing a hammer before my order placed on the 4th bearish candles?

Tnx