Can you tell me an indicator and the settings for identifying trend in weekly and monthly timeframe?

I use the 50 day Moving Average on Daily chart but I want to open longer positions.

If you put the 50 on a weekly chart, it’s a 50 WEEK moving average.
Personally, I use an 8-21-34 exponential moving averages and when
they “line up”, it’s pretty much a trend. You, of course, can put that on any
time frame.

@ARazvan, historically traders used the 200 EMA, you could also stack the MA 50, 100, 200, I do not prefer MA’s as they are middle of the road. Obviously, the simplest and I think the most accurate way is to eyeball it and draw a trend line. Then snap your previous higher time frame Highs and Low for the range, Now location is important, where is the PA along the trend? How far his the PA moved and how much is left to move on your chart?

Let’s keep in mind that trends start at the lowest of time frames and grow up like a child. So let’s say you’re using a Day chart, how much can the trade move in a day (virility) and then conversely what is the potential risk of your stop loss to allow the trade to mature or fail?

Mate, only one technical tool is not enough for identifying the market trend; Forex is not so easy!

Moving Averages are only good for use in trend-following but there are various ways they can be useful. They can confirm whether a trend is in place but also how long it is, how smooth it is, how reliable it is compared to other trends available etc. This allows you nor just to say of a price structure is a trend, Yes/No, but also to allot points to the trend’s structure according to its value to your own strategy: this keeps your focus on the best trends and avoids trading weaker trends.

e.g. for an uptrend -
is price above the 50EMA?
is the 20 above the 50EMA?
is the 50EMA sloping upwards?
how many sessions ago did the 50EMA slope turn up?
how many weekly consecutive closes have now been above the 50EMA?
how many weekly bars have now been unbroken by the 50EMA?
etc.

You can allocate points to the various answers and score your trends. You can then filter out the trends with a score below say 6 out of 10 or 60% etc. etc. But this should relate to your own strategy, which is the starting point. From the strategy, design the most perfect price structure for you to trade and use that as your theoretical best possible pattern.

I find that my eyeballs do this adequately without resorting to any indicators