Canadian looking for help with finding a trusted broker

/r/forex on Reddit has a wiki page specifically for Canadian regulations and broker options.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Forex/wiki/index/canadian_brokers

The ‘regulation’ part is really important… a few offshore brokers will take Canadians, but the vast majority are under-regulated or in less stable regulatory environments (Cyprus, or Seychelles for example.) Also, it’s really important to note that some brokers will hold themselves out as FCA or ASIC regulated, only to funnel international clients to their Cyprus entity where it’s a lot cheaper to service your account and they have much lower regulatory overhead.

The offshore brokers mentioned in the wiki page are well regulated (FCA, ASIC, CIMA, etc…) with regulatory overlap in some cases… and no funny business in an under-regulated jurisdiction while holding themselves out as a something else.

Hope that helps.

If you live in Canada, I recommend choosing a broker who is registered with IIROC. Otherwise, you have no protection or recourse from fraud or other shady shenanigans that an offshore broker might be guilty of.

I am also looking for a nice trusted broker. I had some bad brokers in the past. Hope to find some one better