Canadians: Which FOREX broker? Any with MetaTrader platform?

I have started trading live 1 week ago and everything is going well right now! I’m with Oanda. I use the MT4 platform on my laptop and also FxTrade (Oanda FX platform) on my android mobile. The FxTrade app allow me to monitor trades anywhere I can be and most importantly alerts me when my price level alerts get hit. Added that MT4 is quite hard to beat when it comes to charting, EAs and scripts.

Metatrader has better spreads than any other brokers I could get onto in Canada and is highly regulated look on oanda website: Resources | Regulatory and Financial Compliance | OANDA

My trading could hardly be better of what I know at the moment. Why wouldn’t any trader go elsewhere…

How much does FXCM need as initial deposit?

I tried opening an account with Oanda, but the B/S they threw over me was enough to end my relationship with them. Which sucks b/c I was trading on one of their MT4 platforms and I licked it a lot!

Now I’m still not sure which broker allows Canadians to trade forex without a ridiculous initial deposit.

Hi GreenAvenue,

FXCM Canada now offers MT4 and the minimum to open an account is $2000: Portal - FXCM.com

Jason

Yes I saw that. But I’m not even close to the $2000 yet and more over this very condesending American quote made me look for more Canadian options:

“Friedberg Direct will only conduct business with a client for whom it considers such business to be appropriate and in assessing appropriateness, will rely on the information provided by the client in his/her/their application form. For this reason, it is essential that you immediately advise us in writing if there is subsequently an adverse change in the information you have provided.”

Questrade will come out with a MT4 this fall and the minimum is CAD $ 1000.–

Hi GA,

I can see where you’re coming from in regards to that quote

Friedberg is actually a Canadian company and a member of IIROC and the CIPF. That language is in the Friedberg terms of business to comply with Canadian regulations. Client accounts are opened with and are held by Friedberg Direct which clears trades through FXCM. FXCM does not own or control any part of Friedberg Direct and only provides the trade execution, platforms and customer support for clients.

Jason

I just saw a post on another forum about IIROC’ new rules. It’s devastating. I am lucky my personal broker is not affected.

You guys should definitely give them a try, their offering is great (0.1 pips spread, up to 1:1000 leverage, e-money

transfers, vps, etc…) = Forex Canada | Forex Trading Nomad

Canada post has a change of adress card , the time limit is up to you once the account is open …well work changed or maintain an address at ups or shoppers
cheers alec