Capital for trading forex

Is this from experience? :open_mouth:

1 Like

There are no traders in these forums that are profitable through these fake prop companies.

I have read their trading rules and they are literally impossible trading conditions that they create for you they charge you a fee and give you nothing.

1 Like

I suppose it would kinda depends on if your just trading for fun or your taking it seriously. If your taking it seriously you would probably need a minimum of $15,000 to start, and that won’t earn you anywhere near a full time wage. Maybe try and find a decent and above board prop firm and pass the evaluation tasks, this way you can start trading with anything up to $1,000,000 and take up to 90% of the profits.

1 Like

I don’t agree that the prop firm rules are impossible for trading. The rules are in place for risk management purposes. I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t lend someone $15,000 to trade without knowing they can manage the risk first. If anything the rules the prop firms use teaches the new traders good risk management skills. If you can’t make a profit using the prop firms risk management rules it would probably indicate the trader isn’t managing the risk correctly and if left to there own devices they would blow the account.

1 Like

Okay that’s fine… I need you to close all your trades right now because we’re in the middle of a news announcement… and I need for you to close all your trades on the weekend…

I want you to trade for one week or two weeks and I want to be able to just randomly tell you to close your trades because we’re in the middle of a news announcement.

You won’t get any advance notice of when these news announcements are going to be announced which will leave you at a loss.

1 Like

I don’t see the issue. If the prop firm rules state that they don’t allow you to keep trades open during the economic news then traders should not open any trades when there is going to be an economic news announcement. It’s down to the trader to make sure they keep abreast of when the new announcements will take place and they’re calendars all over the internet telling you those dates (including on babypips.com). Most of those firms also don’t allow you to carry trades over the weekend, which isn’t ideal. But different prop firms have different rules, I have seen a few that do allow you to trade the news and are happy for you to keep trades open long term as long as you keep within the drawdown parameters etc. So for me I think the ideal solution is for the individual traders to check the rules before they choose a prop firm and only choose one that fits with there trading style.

1 Like

The various prop firms require you to close your trades during news announcements, which happened all the time every day so you won’t know when they are just going to tap you on the shoulder and tell you that you need to close your trades and do you know what they do they wait until you’re dug in and at a loss and they write you and tell you that you need to close your trades.

Where are all the videos of groups of traders that have won through the various prop firms? I do see fabricated testimonials from people that clearly do not know how to trade but they claim to be having just made $50,000 or $100,000 which is complete nonsense.

Anyways most of the people that give testimonials about these problems are the prop firms themselves and then they gaslight anyone that speaks against them.

It’s a fraud from the very beginning

People are always asking to see Trump’s taxes, but I bet this guy can’t show tax returns that show that he made $175,000 in trading through ftmo.

1 Like

I don’t disagree that there are many dodgy prop firms, anywhere there is money there will be scammers eagerly waiting to fleece you of your money. However, some of these prop firms are legit, so my advice to anyone is to tread carefully and make sur you do your homework before signing up.

1 Like

No they are all dodgy, and if they weren’t we would have 50 people in this forum that are showing pictures of their new sports cars that they bought with their profits from whichever prop firm they trade through but those people are not here are they?

It’s all 100% a scammeroni pie.

If the prop firms were actually legit and there were traders earning these astronomical profits that they claim in these fake testimonials on YouTube then we would have 20 or 30 of them at least in this forum but we don’t

Take for example Miss Federica for example at audacity capital… I had a telephone interview with her and she broke me down hard she is one harsh lady… listening to her in this video she sounds like she knows how to trade but I promise you she does not know how to trade. It’s super easy to talk like a good trader but it’s very difficult to trade profitably.

1 Like

Would you mind sharing with us a list of a couple of them for me and please tell us why you think they are legit compared to the other ones?

1 Like

No way man, I’m not going to advertise anyone here in case you get scammed! Like I said, it’s up to individual traders to carry out there due diligence. I suppose what works for one trader doesn’t work for another. I’ve personally not used a prop trader, but I have done some research which was the basis of my argument. If I was to use one I would first visit there offices (if they don’t have an office they 100% scammers) and check them out for real.

1 Like

As if having an office makes you a legit company.

The truth is I don’t care who gets ripped off by these prop companies I don’t care.

But there is not one shred of evidence that shows that any of these prop companies that charge a fee actually manage any capital there is not one piece of evidence that shows how much Capital they manage.

1 Like

you are (as so often, unfortunately) missing the point

nobody suggested that having an office makes you a legit company

the point you’re missing is that (as Pauley rightly said) not having an office makes you probably not a legit company, and that observation in itself has some value and validity

if you do have an office, you might be a legit company, and you might not

you made exactly the same mistake in the discussion about backtesting: it was rightly said (including by you) that the fact that something appears profitable on backtesting doesn’t mean it will necessarily be profitable in the live market, but you then mistakenly said that backtesting can have no value for the member who asked, completely missing the point that it can sometimes be very valuable in spite of that (as Greg then tried to explain to you, but you don’t listen)

1 Like

Whether or someone has an office or does not have an office is no indication of anything… but yes a prop trading company that just has a phone number and they’re operating out of their bedroom that’s kind of weird but that still wouldn’t mean anything but chances are if he’s really managing a company you know what I don’t really care about this issue I’m just saying there can be very wealthy people operating very wealthy enterprises without an office there can also be very serious scam operations that have very lucrative looking offices so it it goes either way

2 Likes

Back testing is absolutely zero indication of what’s going to happen in the future okay there are no patterns that repeat reliably. That is a delusion there are no patterns that repeat reliably there no history does not repeat itself it looks like it kind of does but it doesn’t.

Do I not listen? Well I have to give you credit there I’m cold busted I’m not the best listener.

But do you know what I’m a 40-year programmer and I came into this forum and I had grenades thrown at me by the goat he accused me of announcing that I was a 40-year programmer because I was up to something I was a shill and he advised everyone not to talk to me I’m sorry that’s inappropriate behavior I am a 40-year programmer.

And then several days later I mentioned that I’ve been a c programmer for 32 years and someone came in and said hahaha last week you said 40 years and now you’re saying 32 years get your story straight lose your liar again that is inappropriate I should not need to receive responses like that.

For you I will try to be more pleasant

2 Likes

and i, for you

your long programming experience is also evident in your posts - nobody is questioning it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I note with interest that misrepresenting people is another of your strong points. Anyone who goes back and reads the thread in question can verify that. How could I have instructed anyone on here not to speak to anyone else? Even with the name change from Silverf466 after being banned your actions are still the same. smh. I’m still trying to figure out the benefits of pointing out in every post that you’ve been programming for 40 years. Grow up, you behave like a 10 year old. Probably are.

1 Like

too much :neutral_face: :grin:

i guess practice account are the best to start and practice

can you remember your first capital you started with?