Challenge for newbie: $300 to $3,000

Good one. And also congratulations! I hope your current trades are working out too!

1 Like

Thank you @ponponwei!

Yeah, it a good and simple one but it took time for me to find it out, :joy:

How did your week go?

Hi @dushimes,

I’m out side from Friday so I just screenshot from my app on mobile phone. When I come back and have time, I will update more detail what I learned from last week.
Here is result for the week, profit is $33.21.

1 Like

Great job!! Definitely, keep going!

This is what interests me most. The psychological part of trading. It looks like you’re profitable. But I always wonder, why bother trading $300 to reach $3,000? For the challenge?

Why not just trade a larger account and turn $30,000 to $300,000?

1 Like

Hi @dushimes,

Since I used to make the profit before but after all gain is less than lost. So I want to take this chance to challenge myself more discipline about making good risk management, do not overtrade, do not revenge trading. These mistakes I often encountered before. Of course, if I reach my target $3,000, I will continue challenge myself to higher level, :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi,

Here is my result from 10/10/2022 to 14/10/2022:

I had 3 days of lost and 2 days of profit. Total for the week is $33.38. One of my lost day was overtrading. This mistake still happens, I need to be more strict to get rid of this error, :sob: :sob:.

I have a big win with GBP/USD, profit is $51.88 that help me cover for the lost. This trade was made with ‘sell stop’ order at 1.12344 before Inflation Rate of US was released. I usually place sell stop or buy stop order around 2 or 3 minutes before the news is released. The order will have a certain distance to keep safe since I’m not sure 100% which way the price will move.

1 Like

I can relate to that. I’ve fallen victim to revenge trading. It’s a feeling of powerlessness. No bueno.

Keep going!!

I’m looking forward to more posts!

1 Like

These are really good rates of return @Panda_Forex . Stick with this, I don’t know if you’ll make $300 to $3000 but you’ve definitely figured out how to make profit.

2 Likes

Thank you @Blue2,

It takes time for me to figure out the way, profit = gain > loss. This guide line is quite simple but I have run around for a while to find it out.

1 Like

Hi,

Here is my result for the week from 17/10/2022 to 21/10/2022:

This week I lost $60.04, :pensive:, two days of profit and 3 days of lost.
I have increased the size when traded with AUD/USD and the reason lead to the lost was: overtrading and revenging trading, :pensive:. This is one of my weakness in trading. I think profit target for every day instead of every week is inadvertently putting pressure on myself.
But anyway, I figured out where my problem was and I had to start fixing it in earnest.

Never give up!

1 Like

The trades you lost, is it because you were stopped out?

2 Likes

This is common when your trading is going well, I do it tool. I don’t want to say overconfidence, but when things are going well we want to take advantage of that momentum and increase our position sizes, which is natural. The only problem is when that first trade fails, it hurts because it’s bigger.

Don’t get too discouraged, it’s still just one loss. Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Hi @Blue2,

Most of my lost trades hit the SL, some trades I have forced to cut it before they hit SL.

Thank you @MattyMoney!

It’s good to be around this forum. I have received many words of encouragement and valuable knowledge from the members of the group, unknown strangers, but I always see the positive motivation to move on from your comments.

4 Likes

If those trades hadn’t been stopped out, would you have lost even more money or would you have eventually ended up in profit?

1 Like

I would have lost more money before I have eventually ended up in profit. On last Friday, after I closed all buying trades (hit SL or cut it manually), the market moved to uptrend after ‘Fed Williams Speech’ event. I have entered the market too early.

1 Like

I learned from Tommor that hope is not a strategy. If price has reversed against us, and we’re HOPING that price turns around, that’s a bad strategy and also a stressful state to be in.

I’m glad to hear that you closed your position before risk getting too high. Just imagine if you didn’t close, and price kept going against you. No bueno.

3 Likes

Yes. you’re right, ‘HOPE’ is not a strategy for successful trader. Since I used to have a biggest lesson about big lost so I don’t want it happens in again.

1 Like

Maybe try setting much wider stops, so you’ve still got that safetynet so u don’t lose big, but the market has enough room to go against you for a while without triggering a stop?

3 Likes