Change direction

Hi, every time I get into a trend it changes direction. Why is that?

Because my good friend the markets are like an ocean they’re constantly flowing up/down. Are you incorporating multiple time frames so you get a “whole” picture?

Hey that’s life! The way you know you’re still living today is when you feel the pain it brings…

Use a longer time-frame and a wider stop but adjust your position size downwards in proportion.

When taking a trade in line with the preferred time-frame, make sure it is also in line with a significant higher time-frame’s trend.

Make sure you have a precise picture of what a good tradeable trend should look like and make sure you see all these features on the chart before you enter the position.

That’s the nature of the Forex market, it’s just how it is. I recommend learning how to recognize the signs of such upcoming reversals.

Perhaps it’s worthy to ask this… are you buying high and selling low?

Because we can only make money in two ways.

1. Buy low and sell high.
  2. Sell high and buy low.

If we buy high, we have to sell higher. Likewise, if we sell low, we will have to buy lower.

Trends are relative and vary depending on sample size used and from one time frame to another. A trend on the 30min could be a blip on the 4hr, and a trend on the 4hr could be a blip on the weekly.

The same concept applies to s/r levels. The longer the frame, the more significant the level.

There is also the possibility that your right about the direction of the trend but wrong about the timing.