Channel Trading: Viking1961 500 step system

TEST OF CC’s REV2-0

just made an more accurate test (H1 data), where i tweaked the inputs to 3000$, TP at 30 pip, and still DrawdownPercent at 40

this was the result:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5267610/greenland/rev2-2-1/Strategy%20Tester_%20Greenland%20strategy%20rev%202-0.pdf

i will try the same settings with 20 in drawdown, and att the results to this post

EDIT: here are the results with 20:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5267610/greenland/rev2-2-2/Strategy%20Tester_%20Greenland%20strategy%20rev%202-0.pdf

EDIT-2: and results with 10 percent:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5267610/greenland/rev2-2-3/Strategy%20Tester_%20Greenland%20strategy%20rev%202-0.pdf

what i find weird, is that 2 SELL primers get big in drawdown, and there is no counter BUY primers set, i only see normal trade BUY sizes when it stops out…

Maybe it would be an idea to only calculate the direktio from how many buy and sell trade there is open within the last 400 ticks or so.

I got to thinking that if it has been a trending market and then comes back up. Then it might think that the trend is still down, even if it has come back up by 700 pips. (this could might be an adjusteble parameter)

Just a thought

that could explain the problems i have in my tests… the EA never seems to registre that the trend has changed, and deploy counter primers…

My PDF writer is failing for some reason. Here’s the HTML file.

Re
D

To CC

Advice required:

1. If maxdrawdown logic from equity high is a good method. I have not tried too hard to figure to how to calculate 0.06% equity drop per pip, but it will not be easy.
    [B]I don’t thinkt that equity drop can be used. Because in a perfect channel. The equity will almost stay the same for most of the time. Until the channel reach the level set in advanced. ie. 5 lots (adjusteble.) then the channel will be flatned out and the equity will raise like a sky rocket.(so I will strongly advice to get the dropdown percents to work) [/B]

2. If max drawdown logic is acceptable, then how much of drawdown will be close to levels of 0.06% equity drop.
    [B]Can’t be accurate see the answer above[/B]

3. Is the logic to stop primers acceptable?
    [B]Should also be calculatet from percent of lots drawdown[/B]

4. Are the primer lots being calculated properly?
    [B]They seems to be quite accurate. So for now I think they are good
    [/B]

Maybee this can help in making some code.
The lots should be calculated every time a new trade is about to be set.

downtrend:
(((buylots-selllots)*10)/accountbalance)*100)

uptrend
(((selllots-buylots)*10)/accountbalance)*100)

If result of those above is > 0,06 of accountbalance then start primers.

if primers ia already started.
If result of those above is < 0,06 of accountbalance then go back to normal trades…

I manually set up open unit numbers in Excel and two things became clear, the “no regular trade while primer” function doesn’t work yet, but mainly the problem is in the buy primer. It both miscalculates and misfires. Probably just a > vs. < thing, but it has to wait untill tomorrow.

Re
D

CC: Your latest version is a bit beyond me. Can’t figure it all out. Could you please implement primers based on drawdown instead of equity as this is what the Greenland system calls for. I’ve included the complete code needed to return a boolean of wether drawdown is above 0.06%. Once activated it will stay true until drawdown falls back under 0.04%.

All you need to do is
if(Calculatedrawdown())
{
// Start adding primers.
if(longUnits > shortUnits)
{
// Trending down, add buyPrimer
}
else
{
// Trending up, add sellPrimer
}

}

Re
D

Hi Dennis/Kent,

I have started working on the version as per Kent’s logic of equity drop. Hopefully will present the next revision tomorrow.

Goodnight from this part of the world until then.

even though im not Dennis or Kent, i want to say thanks to you CC for all your hard work.
im looking forward to testing your next version, and think that you have already done a great job in a short time!

im downloading tick data back to 2007, so i hopefully can make even more precise tests when we have an EA version that can handle a turn of trend after primers have been deployed

Hi

Has anyone tried running this EA on a ‘live’ (demo) account? I tried today, and the system just went bonanza. Giving me multiple alerts with each and every little tick on the chart. So I assume something isn’t working right. Btw. I haven’t made any changes - just loaded it straight into MT4 on the EUR/USD pair.

im running it on 2 different demo accounts without problems… so my guess is user-error :smiley:

press F7 in MT4, and go to the common tab
try disabling the “enable alerts” tick, and enable the “allow live trading” tick (leave the “ask manual confirmation” unticked)

Place // in front every line that says “Alert(something)”. Unless it says “else” just before it. Then you must add {} around the code block before you can comment it out.
else
Alert(…);

else
{
//Alert(…)
}

Re
D

if he does not want to mess with the code, i think the other option to just disable allerts for the EA in MT4 is more suitable :wink:

Was not aware of your option, thanks.

Re
D

I would suggest, NOT to start using the code on a live account just yet.
It is still in building stage, and is still full of bugs.
So wait till the EA is build with all the features.
But of cause it is Your own choice.

He was talking about a demo account moving in realtime if i read his post correct…
but you are right, as long as the primers dont work correct on a trend turn, this should not be used on a real live account…

one could use version 1.3 and set “UsePrimer” to false, so only the normal trades where set, and then keep an eye on the drawdown, AND do manual primer deployment when that time comes… but its not recomendable when we are so close to a fully working version :slight_smile:

would that not disable the primers again after just 1-2 primers because of the reduced drawdown? or is it just me not thinking straight? :smiley:

Guys,

See version containing equity drop of 0.06%.
I have tested it a bit and it seems to be functioning ok, but need you all to check with varying conditions.

Post your comments and results.

Only additional parameter is EquityDrop which has a default value of 0.06.

Greenland strategy rev 2-1.zip (4.15 KB)

it might should be 0,04% Or even adjustable. I’m not sure exactly what will work with an EA maybe even 0,02% We will just have to try it out a bit.

It is adjustable. You can try out with any figure you want.
0.06% is too late in my tests. I am testing with 0.02 now.