Chat room

Database seems to not be working with the chat room again :frowning:

I can’t get in the chat room, can see members are
in there but it says

invalid username or password

can anyone help please.

The reason for that is that it seems there are more than one database for these forums. Depending on when you joined will determine what database you are in. Apparently the newer DB works with the chat room while the older one does not. They fixed it for a short peroid of time, but I am unsure as to why they reverted it back to what seems to be previous conditions.

Thanks sword I will just have to wait & see what
happens then. :cheers:

Only reason I can think of that they reverted it back is because when they fixed authentication for the chat room it some how broke something else that is more important so they had to put it back. Would be nice if we could get some official word on the current progress :wink:

hey, tess, daydreamer65, and swordofrue…

we resolved the issues with your usernames… you should be able to access the chat now…

If anyone else is having problems accessing the chatroom, please email us at <[email protected]> or PM me directly and i’ll take care of ya… sorry about the technical difficulties… :slight_smile:

I am having problem logging to chat too. :slight_smile:
By the way, a chat room is very cool feature-- thanks for your continued efforts Pip! :slight_smile:

Hey topchess,

You’re user name should be good to go for the chatroom!

How do I get into this chat room stuff? My computer knowlege is not up to this yet.

Do I need to buy any special equipment?

Do I need any special cards in my computer eg video card?

Do I need a high speed broadband?

Hey Tymen1,

We have a link to access the chatrooms up at the top in the tool bar. Just click on it and you should be good to go! Let us know if you have any trouble accessing it.

Pipcrawler

we resolved the issues with your usernames… you should be able to access the chat n

Hi pipcrawler nope still can’t get in.

It was briefly fixed, but now it says " Invalid user/pass " :slight_smile:

Let me try again…

hey daydreamer and topchess,

give it another try…

I got in to the chat room before but now experience the same as everyone else :

"Invalid user name and password"

I suspect 2 problems :

1. It has to do with the speed of your connection and ISP.

2. The more people in the chat room, the harder it is to get in.

I also get invalid username and password

To Tonymand :

I take it you are on broadband.

Do you use ADSL 2+ ?

The Admin have got some work to do in fixing all this. We will then have 300 people all in the chat room! :smiley:

yes i reckon so. I am on broadband but not ADSL 2 as not yet available to me. Dont you love Telstra - NOT!

Gave it another try – Didn’t work :slight_smile:

When I scroll to the bottom of the forum page, I see a box saying “posting rules”. In it we have :

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
[B]HTML code is Off[/B]
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

So here may be the problem - HTML code is off.

So how do you turn it on?

I do not think it has something to do with chat. It’s just a disability to post HTML code in regular posts.