Choosing a new broker

I keep hearing about slippage but I don’t believe its ever hit me.

What are the circumstances that people are trading under which make them prone to slippage? Is it maybe huge position sizes, or exotic pairs, or trading at low volume times, or what? Are there common factors?

I agree, slippage , spread and withdrawals are very imp factors and if they are good one might not switch the broker. I personally wont.
You reffered fxview here. How is this broker doing. Though I have created an account, verified but still thinking should i make the deposit or not.

no doubt, feedbacks and reviews are imp.

Slippage generally occurs at time of the major news release. and as per my experience it takes place in case of large lot size.

1 Like

i believe it is because of the bad services likes delays in withdrawal, manipulation with the spreads and higher commission.

3 Likes

I totally agree with you on this.

Everything has been good so far as i said earlier. You can make some deposit and test them (the minimum required is just Euro5). The conditions are worth trying.

I think dissatisfaction in any of these - trading conditions, spread, transparency and withdrawals & deposit cause traders to change broker. I feel it is acceptable to change your broker but I wouldn’t recommend changing it ever too often. I wasn’t particularly happy with the service offered to me by my former broker so I changed to Forexchief.com. They gave me tighter spreads, charge low commission and provide flexible options w.r.t. account types. At the moment, I no longer feel the need to switch. One should switch if they are no longer getting what they want.

thank you for your feedback :slight_smile:

ECN Raw account and the spreads are really tighter when compared to other similar brokers.

FP Markets is one of the oldest brokers with over 15 years of experience which makes it more reliable to choose and its regulated by ASIC and CYSEC.

2 Likes

that is worth giving a try then. Have heard them about them but never given a try.

Traders normally move to another broker due to disappointment from their current broker which mainly comes from high spreads and bad trading conditions or positive feedbacks for other brokers

true that. it is mainly because of the poor service and spreads.

2 Likes

I agree totally.

1 Like

For me the issue I faced with my previous broker was the high commission charges and sometimes extremely wide spreads which were just eating away my profits. Using a commission-free broker now.

The major bummers for me are long withdrawal time and a trouble in reaching them, in case I have a trade issue. The expectations from the new broker is generally tight spreads, low commissions charged and quick deposit and withdrawal timings.

The major bummers for me are long withdrawal time and a trouble in reaching them, in case I have a trade issue. The expectations from the new broker is generally tight spreads, low commissions charged and quick deposit and withdrawal timings.

this is a very common question. Every beginner have this question in mind. my suggestion is to go and test a broker. if you are new and unexperienced it is advised to go for a regulated broker. not that just but one should see the spreads and trading conditions offered by them.

If you believe in your trading system but suspect that you are treated unfairly by your broker or get artificial disadvantage - then its time to move somewhere else. But before switching completely to a new broker remember that you have to test new place first to make sure that you get better results there.

Hello all, it’s been 5 months now that i have been trading on a live account after i finished my 2 months training with a mentor and then a month on a demo account. I switched to [removed for Forums violation]as my 3rd broker some 2 months ago and i am really amazed with my experience as off now with them. The problems i faced with my previous brokers (high commission, super delayed response from the chat support, and withdrawal issues) ain’t present in [removed for Forums violation].