Choosing Position Size - 1%, 2%, 3%, 4...?

PS

Drugs are bad because they’re illegal.

Drugs are illegal because they’re bad.

it makes sense if you don’t think about it.

Hmm… So two traders, one trades 5 trades a day, the other trades five trades a month. They both risk 1% per trade and there is no difference in the amount of risk the two are taking throughout the month?

PPS

there is a better forum than this one, populated with “more informed” traders. the “baby” in babypips isn’t far from the truth, if you know what i mean. Look up FxGears on google… see you there :slight_smile:

They have a different perspective on opportunity (for market movement) and likely have different expectations for trade holding times. I see no reason for either to violate the rules of “my” drawdown technique.

I did that for years. (Not with forex, but quietly traded stocks and then etfs). I think we live in different times. The social media age. I mean shix homie, you are here too aren’t you? What are you doing here? Shutting up and trading? Nope. You are no different. If you were shutting up and trading “all business in shix” you would not even have a babypips login. But you do.

Hmm… So you wouldn’t tell the daytrader to reduce his risk at all? The one trader is risking 5% per month max and the other is risking 5% per day.

Yes, it’s an ideal :wink:

you’re just really far from that ideal right now.

maybe he should trade less if he is concerned about risk. that’s an option you know, lol

Sick. Thanks. Will do. Like I said, I got booted from another forum without so much as posting anything, simply for the name. So hopefully those guys are not NAZIs or anything.

Its just not true. The drug war is bad. Most of the drugs that are truly killer are legal. The Schedule I drugs include substances like LSD, THC, and psilocybin which are non-toxic. LSD and psilocybin are not even addictive. They are only illegal because kids take them and then don’t vote for war and Republicrats.

if they tolerate me, they’ll tolerate you. :59:

Well no doubt. But if you admit that, is an admission that I am right about the frequency one trades and its relation to percent risk.

Dude, so are you! Did you come here to save me! Maybe… …are you…

JESUS LORD???

I know, bud.

When a group of people have such an incredible stronghold on the institutions of decision-making, all you can really do is wait for them to get cokky and destroy themselves. your real enemy is the sheep, they vote for, or at least tolerate, policies designed to control them and their future offspring.

When I was 13, my dad let some mormon missionaries come into our home and try to brainwash me. It was akward as hell, but they gave me a Star Wars poster, and I learned that Jesus acted as a mediator when 2 parties had a dispute. I then realized that this world needs more, and more passionate mediators to solve its problems.

I worship the moon, in true pagan-fashion. FWIW.

[B]Holy shix[/B], I WAS RAISED MORMON!!! My mom finally got over it in my twenties. I probably have need for therapy. I too like the moon but I think my true devotion is for the Sun.

You realize that most of the other patrons of this forum would have completely freaked by now if one of them had a thread go this sideways.

Did your dad buy Mormonism?

I will ponder this in my cosmic reflection while I worship the moon this weekend:

But wait, do you limit your TOTAL open risk?

I think he did when he was younger. He told me he got “excommunicated” for asking too many questions. Which made it really puzzling why he would want them to teach me anything, lol. Whatever, mormons are a joke, but they seem to be accumulating power in high places, which scares me a little bit.

those are TOTALs. I only take one trade at a time, generally. If I open a 2nd trade, the 1st trade must be at no or negligable open risk (<0.50%)

does that make sense?

They are actually hurting. Numbers are slipping. Yes there are some older dudes that got elected here and there, but the internet is killing them. Kids grow up and leave, missionaries baptize less. Leadership has acknowledged that they are in a historic drawdown on membership. It is too easy to get the truth about Joseph Smith’s bullshix. My guess is that they have a long way to drop before bottoming and then they will go into the next century as a tiny group.