CJ from Jamaica (yes the home of Bob Marley & Usain Bolt)

Hi All,

I’m Chris aka CJ, from Jamaica. I’m 36 years old and looking to learn the special art of Forex Trading.

Open my demo account last week and slowly getting the feel of things. I have also enrolled if the Pipsology school, current at Kindergarten and slowly learning as much as possible.

This community seems like a very good place to be a member, definitely looking forward to spending time with you all.

May the force be with you!

CJ

Hey Chris,

Welcome to the forums! Good that you started on demo and on the school. Keep track on how much time you spend on your demo and watching charts and how much time you spend on the school and on actually writing your trading plan. If you find yourself using less than 50% of your time on education stop and take a step back. Some people say that less than 5% of new traders end up being consistantly profitable. It might be a coincidence, but less than 5% of the people here at babypips starting on the school finish all of the grades.

Focus on your process and your education and try not to rush yourself.
And have fun doing it :slight_smile:

Have a great trading journey!

Thanks for the encouragement and words of advice, will definitely take heed.

I’m loving the school, tho the lessons on Japanese candlesticks are making my head spin.

So far I have made USD 150 over my first three days of trading, hoping to ease down a little and apply more strategy to my trading as I have been just taking blind shots in the dark.

Started putting together a strategy today… waiting on Sydney to open so I can give it a try.

Thanks again.

CJ

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hey Chris…

You forgot to mention Olint as well! Fellow yardie here…Duane…waa gwaan?

Welcome to Forex, it will certainly be exciting.

What you´ll find is that most people do Day Trading because of enjoyable it is and most of the education is focused on that. But because of the volatility of the market at that level, most people like myself end up switching to Swing Trading where signals and trends are a lot more stable and reliable.

Check out my thread here at… 301 Moved Permanently as well as my latest Video Analysis to see how I trade and analyse the market.

I trade based on Candlestick Formations because Indicators - while good- tend to be lagging.

Also, here is my general advise as to the steps to take when starting out in the Forex.

1. Determine how much money you want to earn from Forex.

• Many people including myself started out trading without knowing what we wanted from it. Very important to know this so that you can better choose your strategy.
  2. Find out if there is a Methodology out there that can provide that Monetary Goal for you based on -

- if you want to be a Day Trader or Swing Trader
    - if you want to use Indicators, Candlesticks or some other System 

Time etc. can be saved using that system if it already exists instead of experimenting and creating one.

3. Once you have found it, try it on a Demo for a few months to ensure it hits that Monetary Target - consistently and in keeping with the Rules of the System - not random trades.

4. Once that is done, move to a Live Account. Once the system has proven itself on a Demo (and you have gotten over initial anxiety of Real Money), it will work on a Live Account so long as you continue to trade the same way. Never be in a rush to trade Live just to “see how it feels”

Thats my 2 cents…

Respek King,

Duane

[B]DRFXSWINGTRADING[/B]