Help Making a daily chart trend system

Long read ahead aha.

Hi everyone, so the reason I’m making this thread is to basically all of us work together to come up with a trend system for daily charts together, I have a few systems that I have been testing and I will go into more detail about those in a second. I would say I’m definitely not a rookie but I’m definitely not an expert yet. Also, I thought it would be an awesome idea if we did all come up with a system together that is profitable because then we don’t keep it to our selves, and we can all make some PIPS and everyone is happy, may sound stupid but why not.

Right, let’s get into it. So I’ve been trying to make trend system for daily charts reason being is because I only get to trade for a couple of hours in the evenings now (probably a common problem), as I used to be able to trade a lot more. Hence why I’m trying to develop a daily chart trend system. The pairs I trade most are USD/JPY, AUD/JPY(may not use this pair as much), GBP/CAD, and USD/CAD, EUR/USD. I have been forward testing an altered version of @RoboPip crossover system, but with mine(image below text), its only on daily charts and the SMA’s are 10, and 20, but the stochastic(SO) is kept the same, however on my system the SO crosses over before the SMA’s coss over but on Robopip’s is vise-versa. I won’t bother showing my trade history because I had a few trades where I was messing around with demo, but in the last three months, I have added 10% to the account which started at £1000 which I think is a moderate amount to work with, even though I have made 10% on the account with this system I still not comfortable with it, may sound strange but it just sort of feeling like I’m guessing little, I hope that makes sense. Maybe some of you have had this feeling before with a system of you’re own.

I have been also testing another system where I just use a Linear weighted moving average(LWMA) for a period of 12 which I learnt from @captgrumpy. I also added RSI(10 - median price) to this system as another signal to try and act as prevention to fake outs but haven’t tested this out much. so when the RSI drops below 50 signal to trade short and above 50 signal go long on a trade. I am currently trading the EUR/USD with this system, but I haven’t shown my trade on the image below but I entered little later than the system says too, but I’m currently riding the trend at the moment which has been very profitable Yaya.

I’ve also just begun forward testing another system of LWMA but using two, one at a period of 12, the other at 20. I also thought of adding RSI (10 - median price) to stop fakeouts, so the idea is that when the 20 crosses over the 12 trade short, and the other way for a long trade. And again when the RSI drops below 50 signal to trade short and above 50 signal go long on a trade.

On all my trades I risk only 1% of the account, and my stop loss is 150 pips, and take profit is 300-450. I manually move my stop loss if the trade goes my way ( horrible saying I know) and I also adjust my take profit too, to try and ride out my winners. Currently I am making between 3-4% a month, personally, I would like this to be higher at least 6% and it would be great to have a system that would be a 3out of 5 minium win to lose ratio or even higher( maybe asking a bit too much haha). I know my pictures of the systems may not be the best of quality, not sure why there bit blurry.

It does look like my systems are all very similar on how they function, but I’m just trying to keep them simple and as little noise as possible from the market, and not to have a screen covered in indicators. I would think it goes without saying but I do use chart patterns and candlestick patterns in my analysis, and also trend lines and Fibonacci too.

It would be amazing to see fellow traders get involved, I will be updating what I may have changed or learnt about the system, and how they’re doing, etc. It would also be great to see traders come together and share knowledge, because if we do all come up with a system that works think how amazing that would be and it would also be another system in the toolbox.

Sorry for such a long read.

Thanks everyone, happy pip hunting.

Cheers

Robotrades

3 Likes

A good plan, be consistent here! Surely, I’ll also share my market analysis here, if you don’t mind actually.

1 Like

No of coruse I don’t mind :slight_smile: its great to have someone actully be instrested in it aha i was gonna repost the question again as no had looked at it.

Hi just a quick one guys as it late and do need sleep aha, so my LWMA with RSI system (or trend system MK2 I’m calling it) trade on the EUR/USD closed out today at profit of £7.93p or 105.40 pips as you can see on the chart below I re-entered as the trend went down, I was using a trailing stop at first but didn’t like it so I was moving my take profit and my stop loss manually. so the reason I think I was stopped out was because my stop was too tight because on the second chart which is weeks you can see that the major trend is still going down and I have put the black cross on where I think it may go too. So for next time I may wait for the profit to get to around 300 pips to allow for market movement I suppose. You can also see how this system works well in week time frame as it does shows the same signals, so I think Trend system MK2 works well with most time frames but I’ve only tested it on Daily charts and week charts at the moment.

So give it a try smaller time frames see what you think.

Daily chart with my trade on there dotted line.

Weekly chart

Happy pip hunting.

Hey everyone I’ve scrapped my altered version of robopips system and I am continuing with the LWMA with RSI ( or as I call it MK2) and the MK3 system

I’ve also opened a trade with USD/JPY and used trending system MK3 aha which is the two LWMA with RSI and I’ve add a MACD to help me close the trade but more on this when I’ve tried and tested it.

Cheers

Happy pips hunting

Hey guys just quick I’ve opened a trade on USD/JPY , I’m in Thailand and don’t have much time to give full details but I’ve used LWMA system MK3 and I’ve noticed that the RSI goes above 50 before the crossover and the crossover only really happens if trend is starting so it’s good way of knowing that yes the trend is changing, etc and it’s also good to make sure you use multiple time frames.

Cheers happy pips hunting!

Interesting idea. I am not sure everyone will agree on a system. I suppose the proof would be in the testing. I currently trend trade of sorts for example, but for me an RSI would be an annoying squiggly line on my screen.

I would propose something more simple: to look for situations when the trend line is changing direction followed by a break out of the price action from 2 sigmas from the moving average range.

1 Like

Hey @ropunzel I haven’t to admit that I’m away at the moment on holidays whoop and I have t got my laptop so I’m not really trading as I can’t really trade properly on my phone, but this is just my indicator systems , I also use chart patterns and ascending flags, etc too which help when to use theses systems, when I’m back I’ll show you what I mean by a screen shot just in Thailand and can’t really do that properly atm. Happy trading !!!

Hope you’re having a good time!!! We should definitely work something out I think a group project would be a good idea and trend trading is probably the place to start. I have a few ideas on how to go about it so let’s talk soon.