Company charges to fake exchange trading volumes - what was long suspected

Pretty crazy that a company that is helping other cryptocurrency companies commit fraud has come out publicly to share that they do it.

Let’s see how long they stay out of jail.

2 Likes

Nice post. And that chicky-boo sure writes nice i.e. good article.

And people still want to trade this crap.

Matter of fact:

As an Equities and Commodities trader it is a personal affront to me that Bitcoin trading is even referenced on the likes of Bloomberg and CNBC during the trading day even going so far as to apply something like RSI to a Bitcoin chart.

With these claims then, why is the interest so high on the institution side? FOMO?

Found some interesting research on fake crypto volume not being as bad as reported elsewhere. So 60-70% fake versus 80-90% fake. Haha, still makes me laugh. Even 60% is still really high!

But honestly, the names on the list that reported fake volumes are exchanges I’ve never heard of. The big players, the ones you hear about in the news, all appear to be reporting correctly.

Bitwise (who conducted similar research in the past) concluded that only ten exchanges have real volume. Those being: Binance, Bitfinex, bitFlyer, Bitstamp, Bittrex, Coinbase Pro, Gemini, itBit, Kraken, and Poloniex. Whereas the findings above concur but also show several other exchanges that deserve recognition, including Huobi, Korbit, and Zaif.

1 Like

Followup interview with college student from the first article, known as an ICO pumper.

Great article, tks for sharing, Forex.

Jail? He will probably get promoted thanks to the article: He will move from 30 tokens to 60…

On a more serious note there have been very strong suspicions of fake volume for a while already, but nothing like confirmation. Now we know for sure.

Some exchanges have a fame of having only real volumes, like Binance and Kraken. I hope we can still count on them :slight_smile:

Thre they are, in the article itself : " Binance, Bitfinex, Coinbase, Kraken, Bitstamp, BitFlyer, Gemini, itBit, Bittrex, and Poloniex are the only 10 exchanges with real trading volumes "

Actually it doesn t look that bad to me, I thought the trustworthy exchanges were just 3. 10 is beyond my expectations, actually.

All of that should change soon enough, with the heavy regulations that are coming the way of crypto…

Wait until regulations come in, which should be very soon, since the IRS is already sniffing around and drooling over crypto…

All this crap is due to a total lack of regulations: There are no limits whatsoever, right now. Play the game at your own peril…It is how most markets started if you think about it…