Complete Currency Dynamics

Good evening.
The week’s results.

• USD most bid currency that session +2.45%.
  • NZD most sold currency that session -1.97%.
  • USD most bought today in total +3.96%.
  • NZD most sold today in total -3.52%.

Well, I’m gonna just get this out of the way first. I called that upside surprise. And I got paid on it. Look. I’m just happy that’s all.

Anyway. It was all about the US Dollar today. It also looks like the CAD is on it! Look at the weeks results there.

• CAD most bought currency +7.39%.
  • CHF most sold currency -6.39%.

The CAD had so many good days this week. But the US only had 2 good days. The first one and the last one.

So, what do we have now? Well, I can’t say that the Comms have it. No real risk-on sentiment. It’s on the mixed side. Like some individual things going on. The CAD and the USD on the up.

How about the monthly running chart.

Well, if that don’t put it into perspective, nothing will.

Ok. How about a bigger perspective. This is the years running %'s.

At the top, with the dates, I should have made this last one grey. Cause every greyed Friday is NFP Friday.

Ok. Well, it’s the weekend. And I’m done here.
Make it a good weekend!
Mike
MY DAILYS.xlsx (1.6 MB)

1 Like

Good morning.
It’s Monday.

2019-07-08_0315

• NZD most bid currency that session +1.40%.
  • EUR, USD most sold currencies that session -.57%.

Here’s the month running.

Now that explains the bump from the NZD, right? They took such a hit on Friday that this just looks like a minimal retracement.

I don’t think there’s much going on today. Too early.

Alright. I’ll see ya in a few.
Mike
MY DAILYS.xlsx (1.6 MB)

Good morning.
More Monday market.

2019-07-08_0818

• CAD most bid currency that session +1.29%.
  • JPY most sold currency that session -1.56%.

Well, I would say that session looks like some risk-on buying, huh? Top 3 are the Commodity currencies. And the bottom 2 are the safe havens.

But, what do we have for the day running so far? Yep, looks to be about the same line up. So…ok. That’s nice.

The month running %'s.

Boy, that Canada. Their tough.

Alright. Make it a good day today.
See ya at the close.
Mike
MY DAILYS.xlsx (1.6 MB)

1 Like

Good evening.
Monday’s results.

2019-07-08_1729

• USD most bid currency that session +1.06%.
  • CAD most sold currency that session -.92%.
  • NZD most bought currency today in total +1.09%.
  • JPY most sold currency today in total -1.39%.

And that’s how they lay.

Something happened to the CAD. And I was just thinking. This week, on Wednesday, they have their interest rate decision. It might get interesting with them this week. Well, leading up to that time anyway. Beware of that, with them.

The USD is catching some money. In fact, they have been. Look at the month running table.

But, I have to say though. There’s a bit of a divergence going on between the Dollar and the Yen. And that’s not common (surely whoever stays tuned in here should know that by now). Something’s up with that. And not only that, but look at the Swiss! Talk about divergence. All three safe havens are all over the place.

Well, I’m done taking profits with my Dollar. It was a good run. Trust me. I cashed in quite much.

That’s nice, I know. Alright.
Be careful out there!
I’ll see ya in the morning.
Mike
MY DAILYS.xlsx (1.6 MB)

Good morning.
Tuesday’s start.

2019-07-09_0315

• NZD most bid currency that session +.88%.
  • AUD most sold currency that session -1.37%.

There’s the divergence again, between those 2. And when I think about it, you would have to see that out of all of the different available pairs here, that the AUD/NZD pair would have to be the one that moves the most. Meaning, there’s more pips gained on that one than any other pair.

Ok. And that’s what it is so far today. That’s nice.

The month running.

The Dollar is back up on top. With the CAD slipping. And no contest on the bottom with the Swiss.

Alright.
I’ll be seeing you at the close today.
Make it count.
Mike
MY DAILYS.xlsx (1.6 MB)

Good evening.
Tuesday’s results.

• GBP most bid currency that session +1.08%.
  • NZD most sold currency that session -.85%.
  • CHF most bought currency today +2.08%.
  • AUD most sold currency today -3.25%.

Looks like the Europeans all took that session. In fact, no one else ended that session being net bid. The Dollar and the Yen was just under.

The Comms all were a sell that session. Man…even the CAD joined them. That’s a switch.

So, for the day, it ends up looking like more of a risk-off day, right? Well, I haven’t really put a whole lot of effort into this, but, I kind of think that the GBP is being treated more like a risk-on currency. Maybe this is just lately. But, they seem to be tracking one of the Comms. Well, this isn’t all that surprising to me. It’s just that they’ve wanted to do their own thing a lot this year.

How about the month running.

Well, look out tomorrow. The CAD is on. It’s gonna get interesting. Are they gonna come on down? Or no. We’ll have to see.

Alright. Make it a good night.
See ya in the morning.
Mike
MY DAILYS.xlsx (1.6 MB)

Good morning.
It’s Wednesday.

• CHF most bid currency so far today +1.21%.
  • AUD most sold currency so far today -.78%.

The real consensus has been the Swiss, for a buy. And that carried over from yesterday.

Monthly running %'s.

Be careful out there today. Things might fly.
Alright. Have a good day today.
See ya in a few.
Mike
MY DAILYS.xlsx (1.6 MB)

Good morning.
More Wednesday market.

• GBP most bid currency that session +.78%.
  • NZD most sold currency that session -.78%.

So, for the day the Swiss is what’s been bought the most. And for the day the NZD is what’s been the most sold.

The Comms started out on the right foot, this week. But since, have just been heading down.

Got to be careful today. At 10am ET, is the CAD rate decision. Then we’ll get more info in like an hour later with a press conference. Man… I just don’t know how it’s gonna go. You’ve seen how much the CAD has been on the up. Like, very much. Maybe everything’s been priced in already. And if they show that their pretty hesitant about matters, then surely we can have quite a stumble with it. I mean, which central bank is not dovish?

Then, at 2pm ET today is the FOMC meeting minutes. I guess we’ll get more of a take on whether their still dovish or not.

All you can do is be smart about your trading. We’ll have to see which way things want to go.

See ya at the close.
Mike
MY DAILYS.xlsx (1.6 MB)

Good evening.
Wednesday’s results.

• NZD most bid currency that session +2.60%.
  • USD most sold currency that session -2.90%.
  • NZD most bought for a total today +1.54%.
  • USD most sold in total today -2.84%.

Yeah boy, things flew that session. What resulted from all of that was the Comms taking a bid. Like a lot. You can see that they turned the day upside down. They go from most sold 2 currencies all the way up to taking the entire day. See, you would not get the correct sentiment if you only seen the daily totals. Someone could say that the Comms had a great day. Well, on the contrary my dear Watson, they only had a good session. That’s all.

And how about that Dollar, huh? That was the only selling going on. But not really. Look closer. The Swiss went into sell mode that session. Not as much, but just took off what they had for the day.

Well, we just have to see if this momentum carries over. Right?

Monthly chart.

And btw…the CAD did take a pretty good dive after their kept rate. I seen it. But they sure did recover. That’s telling. Maybe we will have a Comm rally soon.

Alright.
I’ll see ya in the morning.
Mike
MY DAILYS.xlsx (1.6 MB)

2 Likes

Good morning.
Thursday’s start.

• JPY most bid currency that session +1.64%.
  • USD most sold currency that session -1.70%.

Looks like the Yen wants some of that. While the pile on continues against the Dollar.

So, the way I see it. The Comms couldn’t hang on to the momentum they had just last session. That’s telling to me. Therefore I would say we are more of a risk-off environment than risk-on. I mean…the door was wide open. Money is not running there. I guess it’s more scared than anything.

Monthly running.

Alright.
I’ll be seeing ya at the end of the day.
Make it a good one.
Mike
MY DAILYS.xlsx (1.6 MB)

1 Like

Good evening.
Thursday’s results.

• USD most bid currency that session +1.70%.
  • CHF most sold currency that session -1.94%.
  • NZD most bought today +1.40%.
  • CHF most sold today -1.41%.

Well, the Dollar didn’t lay down all day. Right? Interesting. And the Swiss went back to the bottom. Remember when I showed you who has the highest and lowest interest rates?

Well, the AUD changed to 1.00%.
So, if you took the highest to the lowest. What pair would that be?
USD/CHF.
So, when I see that prevalent, like that last session, I think that’s the reason behind it.

Anyway. That’s nice, I know.

Monthly running chart.

Alright. Let’s get to the weekend. One more to go.
See ya in the morning.
Mike
MY DAILYS.xlsx (1.6 MB)

1 Like

Good morning.
Friday beginning.

• AUD most bid currency that session +1.43%.
  • USD most sold currency that session -1.63%.

Now that line up is all risk-on. No doubt whatsoever. So, it’s Friday and so far looks like the market wants to go out that way. They do have the momentum from yesterday. And yet, from Wednesday also. Like…why not. Right?

Monthly running table.

Yeah, they sure are trying. Just look at the reddish colored ones. All they have to do know is take out the white. We’ll have to see how they end today. If it’s quite strong, then that will be a very good sign of things to come.

For me…got a new horse. I mean, it shouldn’t come as a surprise. CAD/CHF. Up.

Alright. Make it a good day today.
I’ll be seeing ya in a few.
Mike
MY DAILYS.xlsx (1.6 MB)

1 Like

Good morning.
More Friday market.

• CHF most bid currency that session +2.67%.
  • NZD most sold currency that session -1.52%.

Wow. Now that was the complete opposite of what happened last session. One the one hand, we can say that it was a safe haven driven sentiment. But. On the other hand. Was it just a retracement from last session?

I guess we should know by the end of the day. But, let’s look at how the day shakes out as a total. We have the CHF on top. And all that came during their session. The CAD is the next most bid currency today. And all that came during Asia. We’ll have to see what they themselves think.

And the Dollar is what’s being most sold off today (-1.46%). Pretty much of all that came during Asia. And then we have the EUR. No buying consensus at all today so far. And we could note that there’s no correlation to the Swiss.

What about the Comms today? Well, they busted out buying. The next thing you know the market turned all that gain into a loss. And even moreso with the NZD.

So. We don’t know whether the sentiment changed during London, or if the US will continue on with the risk-on trend that was started earlier today. That’s why it’s always an important point that we need to remember. The end of day figures matter most. Look. It’s always a struggle. We simply just want to know where the greatest consensus is at. Right? Who wants to continue the trend? And who doesn’t?

Ok. I’m done.
Have a good day today. See ya when it’s all over.
Mike
MY DAILYS.xlsx (1.6 MB)

Good morning.
Monday’s start.

• NZD most bid currency that session +2.67%.
  • JPY most sold currency that session -1.26%.

Well, sorry I couldn’t finish the week last Friday. Was busy. But, the week’s ending totals are the last column under Friday. It all went to the NZD for bid (+4.61%). And the USD for sold (-4.30%).

And so far today Asia is bidding up the Comms.

Month running %'s.

That makes it pretty clear what’s been happening this month so far. Risk-on gonna try to keep up the bidding. We’ll see for how long.

Alright. See ya in a few.
Mike
MY DAILYS.xlsx (1.6 MB)

Good morning.
More Monday market.

2019-07-15_0824

• CHF most bid currency that session +1.17%.
  • GBP most sold currency that session -1.56%.

The NZD is still having a good day.
The Pound is not.

Monthly running.

Alright.
Be careful out there. Make it a good day today.
I’ll see ya at the close.
Mike
MY DAILYS.xlsx (1.6 MB)

Good evening.
Monday’s results.

2019-07-15_1722

• AUD most bid currency that session +1.76%.
  • CHF most sold currency that session -1.09%.
  • NZD most bought in total today +3.09%.
  • GBP most sold in total today -3.51%.

Looks like the 2 Comm brothers took their turns today. Ended up quite high. And I guess they said forget you CAD. I don’t know what happened with them. But they did not participate.

Although it is interesting to see what the Yen did. They took a real hit early, but just bounced back. In the positive. But so did the USD. We’ll just have to see how the week plays out.

Monthly running.

Alright. Have a good night.
See ya in the morning.
Mike
MY DAILYS.xlsx (1.6 MB)

3 Likes

Good morning.
Tuesday’s start.

2019-07-16_0315

• NZD most bid currency that session +1.41%.
  • JPY & GBP most sold currencies that session -.92%.

Boy…Asia really likes to bid them (NZD) up, huh?
It also kind of looks like how yesterday started out a little.

Let’s just see where they want to go.

Make it a good day today.
See ya in a few.
Mike
MY DAILYS.xlsx (1.6 MB)

4 Likes